3 weeks in - Cassie update

nikicb

www.facebook.com
All going well. She is an absolute sweetheart and other than the odd camel impression is doing really well. Feels like she has been here months already. Managed to borrow a saddle from a friend so rode her 3 days in to being at home.

Cass%201_zpst67wmmxs.jpg

She couldn't care less about the weather we are having at the moment.

Cass%202_zpszg5g3qme.jpg

Have lunged her a couple of times and she is getting the hang of it - not sure she has been lunged much before.

Cass%204_zps0ui1uhsp.jpg

We had the saddler out. Sadly my idea of getting a nice serviceable second hand saddle went out the window. Lump of coal for me this Christmas then. :(

Cass%206_zpsl0exz8st.jpg

But we brightened up the dull days with a bit of orange matchy matchy.

Cass%207_zpsubk6ti9f.jpg

She thinks she is rather special, as indeed she is, although Cam still likes to get in the picture.

Cass%205_zpsvfkqorzz.jpg

Cam is very chilled and enjoying his time off.

Cass%203_zpsmwx7j7rz.jpg

But thinks the service should be stepped up a little on blustery days like today.

Cass%208_zpsiz5xpnff.jpg

All in all going very well. Rode in the wind/rain yesterday and even with the shoot on the other side of the valley, she didn't put a hoof wrong. Happy days. :) xx

Last edited:

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh lovely! So glad you have someone to ride and I love her pretty muzzle markings :)

Love her...and cam's photo bombing is hilarious!

I've missed your posts niki, is this a new horse or is she on loan? Looks a real sweetie, lovely kind face.

Thank you all! Cam is still the biggest clown around. ;) Cassie looks like she has dipped her nose into a paint pot. She is my new girl - see here for more details: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?713049-It-s-been-a-while-introducing-Cassie Still hoping against hope that Cam will come right eventually, but in the meantime I intend to have some fun with this little mare. If/when Cam comes back, I will run them together. If Cam can't return to work, he will continue to be my very favourite clown. :) xx

Jinx94

Visit site
She's lovely! Am glad to see that Cam is pretty happy too :) did I read somewhere that you're turning him away for another year? How is he doing?

nikicb

www.facebook.com
She's lovely! Am glad to see that Cam is pretty happy too :) did I read somewhere that you're turning him away for another year? How is he doing?

Thank you! He is absolutely fine in himself and very comfortable passaging round the field. :eek: He will stay at home till after Christmas and then will go and stay with _GG_ and her gang. The aim is to try again with him in Spring 2017. I will miss him terribly, but this is his chance to firstly be a horse, and secondly to see if we can get him sound again. Whatever happens he has a home for life with me. He is still youngish, so hopefully will get there in his own time. He will only be just over an hour's drive so I will be able to visit him regularly, although I can't imagine he will miss me one iota once he has made friends with his new herd. :) xx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Sounds like he'll have a wonderful time :) hope it all works out in the end! I do try to keep an eye out for your updates :p xx

Thank you - I really hope so too, but the most important thing is knowing he is not really suffering. I can't remember what breeding your youngster is, but Cassie is 1/4 Appy so there are some spots in there somewhere. :) x

Sheep

Visit site
She is just beautiful - love the white splodge on her muzzle.
Fingers crossed for a successful 2016 for her, you and Cam! I'm sure he will have a fab time as part of the GG gang!

Bernster

Visit site
She looks like such a cutie! Does she ride quite different - she looks a wee little thing but that might just be cos she's compact/young. Congrats on your early Xmas present, I do love those girths too, although mine is looking a tad muddy compared to your shiny new one. Cam looks great in those pics., I hope he has fun on his holibobs.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
She looks like such a cutie! Does she ride quite different - she looks a wee little thing but that might just be cos she's compact/young. Congrats on your early Xmas present, I do love those girths too, although mine is looking a tad muddy compared to your shiny new one. Cam looks great in those pics., I hope he has fun on his holibobs.

Thank you. Cassie is 14.2 and I am 5'4" She is quite deceiving and seems to grow by a couple of hands under saddle. She's 8, but I guess will build up a bit more in front with the right work. The back end is already chunky enough! Loving the saddle (and girth!) so far, and it will probably remain unmuddy. ;) Cam is very well and happy and that is the main thing. :) x

9c0c19f4-490b-415a-a81c-8670fa9a8af3_zpsxmpzfxsh.jpg

5d4bf86b-d4e0-4ea6-b721-f6a78884cc0f_zpsq8ixdnmh.jpg