4.5T horsebox

sanjo

Visit site
Looking for a second hand 4.5T lorry, maybe like hens teeth? Please can you recommend the best manufacturer for build quality and features?
Also what to look out for which I won’t have thought of...
Thanks all.

Bernster

Visit site
Def like hens teeth! It doesn’t seem like a size that’s very common as people either go for the 3.5t so it can be driven in a normal (non old person!) licence or a 7.5t lorry.

I know that Freddie Gover and Kevin Parker build 4.5t ones, both are quality builds and seem to have good rep. I got mine from FG. Iirc Bloomfields do them too but they tend to be more expensive (lovely box though).

sanjo

Visit site
Def like hens teeth! It doesn’t seem like a size that’s very common as people either go for the 3.5t so it can be driven in a normal (non old person!) licence or a 7.5t lorry.

I know that Freddie Gover and Kevin Parker build 4.5t ones, both are quality builds and seem to have good rep. I got mine from FG. Iirc Bloomfields do them too but they tend to be more expensive (lovely box though).
Thanks, do you have a FG 4.5T?

Bernster

Visit site
Thanks, do you have a FG 4.5T?

Yes although it’s going nowhere at the moment as the battery went flat cos I left it for way too long, and the mot is due. Doh. Nothing wrong with the build, just me leaving it too long due to COVID. But when it’s working, it’s great!

neddy man

Visit site
Thanks for this/ do you know anything about their build quality?
Sorry been busy all day, can't help re quality as I have not seen them in real life but they are localish to me and they turn a lot out of their yard. If you are in that area there are 2 other local manufacturers www.seekersuk.com at Chesterfield, and 4 miles from us at Penistone 12 miles North of Sheffield is National Van's and horseboxes find them on f/bk, someone who used to be on our yard had one of theirs and build quality was good not sure if they do 4.5 but you can ask might be a good move for them, so 3 places to look at in 1 day.

Last edited: