4-6.5T horsebox budget builders? Yorks/Lancs (also in Tack Room)

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
I've been looking for a 4-6.5T horsebox for a while - but I need an automatic , so if I wait for a second hand one to come onto the market I could be waiting a very long time.

The builders round here that do these smaller boxes and have a great reputation e.g. (Kevin Parker, JSW) seem to include as standard stuff like leather seats in the cab and bespoke paint jobs that I'm really not bothered about and push the price (even on a pre-owned chassis) out of my budget.

Is there anyone trustworthy with a good reputation and crucially experience in building these smaller boxes in Yorkshire or Lancashire that will build to my exact spec without these extras? I know there are loads of local builders doing 3.5s and 7.5s, but I don't want to be someone's guinea pig while they figure out how to build a in-between sized one!

conniegirl

Visit site
He makes brilliant boxes and realy understands what people need in a horsebox, however he does have a bit of a waiting list normaly!
My friend has one of his lorrys (its the red & blue 6.5 ton in the gallery of the web page) and it is so well made, realy lovely little box.

showjump

Visit site
I have recently had a 6.5t build by Hybred Horseboxes Crewe way. Hes done a fab job, LOVE it! Not missing my 7.5t at all.

libby_fox

Visit site
A good place that do horseboxes are alexanders horseboxes. They do a whole range of sizes you can buy them new or second hand. They allways have alot in. They are based in Boroughbridge.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
Hi Libby, yes I know about Alexanders, their new build prices are way above my budget and based on when I was shopping for my 3.5 a few years ago they're, shall we say, not the most flexible people to deal with :)

showjump

Visit site
No i tried most places Alexanders included and wow id of had to remortgage my house for most! I managed to build a super smart 57 plate low mileage 6.5 tonner from the money i got for my 2002 plate 7.5 tonne, just saving for the ling to be done which will be another £3k. I can put some pics up if you would like to see it, we bought chassis ourselves which saves a good chunk of money. Any questions fire away, i search for months and saw a few ropey ones!

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
This guy is good, if you buy the chassis he can do everything else

http://www.pjequine.co.uk/horse-boxes

I got my partition repaired here, and got a look at a box he was converting. It was fabulous, really high quality workmanship. When I have to upgrade mine, I will probably get him to build me one, as it was very reasonably priced.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I got my partition repaired here, and got a look at a box he was converting. It was fabulous, really high quality workmanship. When I have to upgrade mine, I will probably get him to build me one, as it was very reasonably priced.

I think we will buy our next one unconverted and take it here too - he's very good, and we would love to have everything done the way we want. I find most horse areas really disappointing, all the thought, money and weight allowance has been spent on a flash living more often than not. He's revamped the horse area in ours, and put in a small tack locker underneath the living.