4 slot buckle guards help please!

tibby

Visit site
I have just purchased a new saddle that has point and balance straps, unfortunately it was supplied with three slot buckle guards, can anyone tell me where I can get 4 slotted ones from as the balance strap is a nuisance as it slips about, many thanks.

tibby

Visit site
Unfortunately they seem few and far between nowadays, I did ask the saddle supplier but he did not have any, I will have to keep trying,

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Can you get your saddler to make you up individual ones for each girth strap? The Thorowgood ones have two that you can move to whichever straps you choose to use.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
My Kent & Master jump saddle has individual buckle guards, what I do with the spare, unused third girth strap is tuck it under the ones I'm using when I put the girth on to start with, then when you tighten the girth, it is trapped down and can't flap about. :)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Not being funny but did you move them off the balance strap? Lots of my clients do that, all of our NP saddles have four billets and only three slots in the guards. They are designed to sit on the balance strap and two middle straps, no matter which straps you use. The balance strap goes through the angled or further apart slot. The point strap sits into a groove and doesn't mark the flap like the others do so doesn't need the guard directly over it. So many people swap the right for the left and move them forwards...they're designed as they are for a reason. Yours may be different of course :)