5 1/2 weeks off!!! Anyone else?

noblesteed

Visit site
Just finished work for the summer holidays!!! :) :) Looking forward to spending hours with my gorgeous horse. I'm off up to the yard to tell him!
Anyone else just finished for summer? Anyone got any ideas of what they're going to do?

samsam

Visit site
Yay! I have to admit I've been off for 3 weeks now already! It's great to know you've got some fun ahead isn't it?

azouria

Visit site
I've been off for a few weeks now too, it's brilliant to know that you just have hours of free time ahead!
I've been spending most days up at the yard, trying to get to know my new share pony :)

Frances144

Visit site
Yup, just been given 6 weeks off work.

What am I going to do?

Sit with my leg up?

Why?

Coz I broke my ankle on Tuesday whilst picking ragwort from my field. :(

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
I broke up on the 24th June :p Though that's only because that was my last GCSE exam :eek: I go back really early on the 31st August though as I'm heading to a 6th form college...

maletto

Visit site
I'm SO jealous!! I have two days study leave on Monday and Tuesday before my final exam EVER on wednesday. That's probably the most time off work I'll get all summer that I can spend with the ned :(

magichorse

Visit site
Yep- 6 weeks off for me too- yay!!!

I just cannot understand why so many teachers moan and whine about their job. Not many professions have 13 weeks holiday a year. To me the holidays balance out the stress during term time.

Lots of long (hopefully sunny) hacks for me :D

dope-on-a-rope:)

Visit site
Ditto! Six weeks off for me too! I LOVE being a teacher! We broke up Wednesday, been in Thurs and yesterday to do some prep for when my new little treasures arrive in September, but then the rest of the hols I'm spending with my boy - six hours I spent with him yesterday foofing him up!! :D yaaayyy!!!

Dizzydancer

Visit site
this is why uni is good finished mid of june not back until 20th sept. Going to have super fit horses by then!! and very fat ones by christmas as wont have time except weekends to ride due to placemnts!!

Janette

Visit site
Yep- 6 weeks off for me too- yay!!!

I just cannot understand why so many teachers moan and whine about their job.

Summer holidays for me as well. :D

Maybe other teachers struggle to keep their job in perspective, because they don't have a horse to talk to at the end of a long day of 'child wrestling'. :D

magichorse

Visit site
Summer holidays for me as well. :D

Maybe other teachers struggle to keep their job in perspective, because they don't have a horse to talk to at the end of a long day of 'child wrestling'. :D

I'd def agree with that. The moaners at our school do not seem to have any interests outside of teaching to keep it all in perspective- it is a job at the end of the day!

Lol @ 'child wrestling'! Year 6 have required quite a lot of this from SATs- end of term!