511 Trailers

Lottie83

Visit site
excuse me if i have done this wrong, but i am charlotte mum , read the forum all the time, and love it, but have never posted.
I read the moldy 511 trailer with interest, as we have problems to. I rang trading standers who advised me any claims we may have lies with the distributor not ifor williams. Well they have ceased trading so i rang ifor williams and they have said i can take the trailer to our nearest dealer for painting of the inside, (they haven't had any paint yet) i said, are they just going to be covering up the problem not curing it. We brought our trailer June 08 so we are out of our warranty, it went back for treatment and we thought it was cured, in 6 months it was as bad again so Ifor Williams sent me some cleaner and polish direct, we scrubbed it ourselves but the mould is eating in to the plastic and it is discoloured black. It is so disappointing, I can't see Ifor Williams refunding anyone , if they refund one it will really open the flood gates they must have thousands out there.
Hope i have done this right and not made it to long.

lizziebell

Visit site
It will be interesting to see what Ifor will do. Does anyone know if this issue still exists with the current stock, or is it ones built during a particular period?

I bought a 506 April 08. I had no mould problems with mine when it was recalled, however since the work has been done I have noticed some mould growth. This is only slight and washes off easily. I am however keeping my eye on it.

hunteress

Visit site
i have just bought a new 511 and was told the roof pint has been fixed on the new ones and the strutts at the back have got a stronger paint on them as they were rusting my friends trailer has been recalled but I wouldn't be very happy if my trailer went like this as they are not cheap I keep my trailer very clean so keeping an eye on the mould !!!!

sonjafoers

Visit site
I agree that if they refund or replace it will open the floodgates but surely if there is a problem with the trailers they need to rectify them. My 511 has had the mould washed off by them with a guarantee it wouldn't reurn, but of course it has and they now want to paint over it which I am not willing to accept. Their last 'guarantee' was worthless so I'm not particularly happy to trust their next solution and be back with the same problem in 6 months time, especially as it is putting my horses' health at risk. Unfortunately the mould is not the only issue as the springs on each ramp have rusted badly, the grooms door is difficult to close and the trailer doesn't tow particularly well. All in all a complete waste of over £4,000 so I am expecting a refund or replacement rather than a quick paint job!

Cherisheddust

Visit site
Hi,
I've tried to update my last thread re our moldy 511 trailer. Messed it up I think, so started a new thread as I know several of you need an update.

We received a refund today. Thank goodness. Check out the 'update on moldy ifor 511 refund' thread. Sorry, not sure how to link posts.