6 month old poodle hurt her leg running into a fence

Quartz

Visit site
My 6 month old poodle was running around the garden when she ran into the fence around the vegetable garden. She made a very high pitched scream when it happened and held her foot up in the air. This was a few hours ago, and she doesn;t seem herself. She is just laying in her basket, when usually she is running around!!! She does not show any signs of pain if I touch or squeeze her leg or foot, but she does not want to walk. I am worried about her, but do not think she has broken it, could it just be bruised and what should I do?

Izzwizz

Visit site
Take her to the vets as soon as you can, she may have done some damage to soft tissue and may also need a painkiller. Not worth delaying...

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Quartz, I'm sorry but FGS your puppy runs into a fence (? wire), screams, then lies in her basket in misery. What on earth do you think you should do? She could have severed a tendon, dislocated something, who knows? Get her to the vet pronto for heavens sake!

Quartz

Visit site
No of course it was not a wire fence, it was a small wooden fence. I have a tendancy to over reacte with my pets and have them at the vets for any small thing, have even taken my bl**dy fish to the vets before!

Anyway, I took her to the vet first thing this morning (8.45am), it is bruised so have been given an anti inflammatory injection. She is still feeling sorry for herself though!