8 inches D to D on a saddle. Size?

fruity

Visit site
Have been offered a perfect saddle for my pony but owner only knows that it is 8 inches d to d and unsure of proper width,what size would you say it is roughly? need a med to wide,pref wide tbh. Don't have time to measure pony up etc as saddle going cheap for mega quick sale and others want it so might take a risk and buy it! Thanks in advance!

scrunchie

Visit site
The d's are in different places on different saddles x

^ This is what I was told when I asked.

Not only that but different manufactorers size saddles differently - one maker's medium is another maker's wide etc.

So there's no guarantee until you try it on the actual horse. :)

fruity

Visit site
Doh i am so blonde,i did actually know that (d's in different places) but got so excited at the prospect of a good saddle with right seat size at a great price :( might take a risk,could always sell it on! Thanks anyway guys

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
As others have said, the measurement between dee rings or fall down staples has absolutely no bearing on the width of the saddle as the head of the tree can vary so much from saddle to saddle !
Don't know why or where this myth started.
Don't rush things, get a Saddler or a Saddle fitter out to fit it for you properly or it could be false economy if you buy it and have to sell it on, you may lose money on it.