A 4Yo's first trip away from home and another new baby!

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
So I haven't wrote an update since Northcote with Gracie, and we have been quite busy since then!

So Gracie has had it fairly easy since Northcote, she's been hacking and I've been really working on her flat. She is a very big horse and her balance isn't the best but now she is growing into herself she's finding it much easier to carry her own frame so we have been working on that, and getting her lovely and light in the hand. That's been going well! I was hoping to go to Keysoe's int. show with her this week but unfortunately couldn't get her there which I am gutted about! But hopefully we will be able to pop somewhere local this weekend and jump a disco/newcomers and see how she's going before continuing with jumping 5yos this year.

I don't know how many people will remember my (now 4yo) Rio, I bought last year and broke earlier this year. I don't remember posting much about him- probably because he was a t**t to do when backing so, I just didn't mention him much :p
Anyway, he has grown into a lovely mini horse, whom I am hugely pleased with! He is a bit sharp, but his brain is so good. He has took a bit longer to produce than Gracie but they are all individuals and one size does not fit all. I think he will be worth the extra time though- He is a really lovely horse.
rio2_zpsb7bmujm1.jpg

rio4_zpsozwtkzp0.jpg

rio1_zpsehe1zadq.jpg

rio3_zpsonndqluh.jpg

I popped him to a local clear round night on Friday. He has never been away from home, nor has he done much jumping or seen any 'scary' jumps, just my bland red and white poles. So I wasn't sure how he'd react. He coped so well, he had one big snort and a fancy trot round the warm up and then settled well. I trotted him round the 50cm so he used his brain and didn't rush off and he was fab, then we also did the 70cm however a huge hailstone storm came mid-class and everyone fled! So we was clear as much as we jumped then we went under cover but was already soaked through to the skin! So 2 clear rounds for Rio! I believe he will be ready for 4yo's in September if he carries on at the rate he is going, which will be lovely!

[video=youtube;8jWUu-wJUUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jWUu-wJUUM[/video]

Also my last bit of news, A week yesterday we went to go collect another lovely little man. He is a just 3yo Belgium warmblood gelding Condor= Cassini I x Caretino x Lys De Derman (For any breeding buffs, I for certain am not :p! ) He is really lovely and really sweet. He's had a week to settle and chill and had his feet done etc. He is totally untouched and is letting me brush him, get his headcollar on, do his feet etc so he is a really nice guy, I'm excited about him
nemo1_zpsfbkxvdcx.jpg

Hope your all enjoying the occasional sun with the horses! Thanks for reading!

silv

Visit site
Rio is quite a striking looking horse, what is his breeding? He looks very green but very honest and careful in his jumping round, I am sure you will have lots of fun with him.
Good luck with the new one, looks nice.

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
Rio is quite a striking looking horse, what is his breeding? He looks very green but very honest and careful in his jumping round, I am sure you will have lots of fun with him.
Good luck with the new one, looks nice.

Thankyou, He is by Euro-commerce singapore out of an heartbreaker mare, he is a lovely horse! Slow and steady has been the way with him as he was a bit of a worrier but he's coming round now.
Thankyou :)

Bernster

Visit site
Oh bless him, he looks like he has nice paces and will be a little cracker. Exciting to hear about your new one - he looks like he needs to grow into himself a bit but am sure he will be fabulous!

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
Oh bless him, he looks like he has nice paces and will be a little cracker. Exciting to hear about your new one - he looks like he needs to grow into himself a bit but am sure he will be fabulous!

Thankyou. He's turning lovely now he's grown up and got his big boy pants on! He does, he's all legs and shoulder bone at the min haha! Thankyou

sare_bear

Visit site
Lovely report. Think your new one will be stunning when he matures a little. Rio looks quite striking, great to see he is coming good for you.

Asha

Visit site
That was a lovely round, certainly looked like he enjoyed himself. I love your 3yo, he is stunning and with breeding like that he's going to jump !

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
Lovely report. Think your new one will be stunning when he matures a little. Rio looks quite striking, great to see he is coming good for you.
Thankyou. He's sharp as they come but a lovely clever little guy.

That was a lovely round, certainly looked like he enjoyed himself. I love your 3yo, he is stunning and with breeding like that he's going to jump !
Thanks! I love him too!