A big Pulborough thank you

queenb

Visit site
Just in case there is anyone on here who helped a Pulborough this weekend, I just wanted to say a big thank you :) I got to run in the 80 on Sunday and although the warm ups were getting churned up ( understandably with all the rain ! ) the actual xc course ground was fine and the sj surface is lovely.so thank you to everyone who mad Pulbrough happen, hope you have dried out ! I take my hat off to all of you for giving up your time

Liane

Visit site
I jump judged all day on Sat and competed yesterday, the weather was unbelievable, but everybody was so upbeat considering, it was a great weekend :) (especially as we came home from our first BE event with a rosette!)

suzi

Visit site
I stewarded on Saturday and competed yesterday.

Thought they did very well in the conditions and the courses rode really nicely.

We didn't really make much of a mark but we completed which was my aim so very happy!

I agree - would love to see a Spring event there.....did they use to have one?

vic07

Visit site
No! Stilemans used to be the season kick off in the south. Great event. The organiser retired and I believes the date was given to Morton, however moreton isn't in the south, which leaves a gap in the calendar! Would love to see Stilemans replaced by a spring event at Pulborough!! ;-)

fabscd

Visit site
I was fence judging all day Sunday and it was a blooming cold, wet, miserable day. Thank you to all the competitors who gave us something to smile about on their way round (there were quite a few of you) and well done to everyone who got round, despite the cold, wet, miserable conditions and less than ideal ground (although i thought it held up very well considering). I always try and volunteer at a few events each year, if people didn't, how would the sport run...it wouldn't. Very nice to see posts like this :)

star

Visit site
I fence judged on Saturday in lovely sunshine. Yesterday was such a shame. My horse did a stonking dressage but I couldn't warm him up properly for SJ in a bog as he just won't work on that ground. Had one down SJ and decided to call it a day there. I've had so many probs with him the last couple of seasons and I'm sure the XC was as good as it could have been in those conditions but I couldn't risk him. Feel like I have to wrap him up in cotton wool now with Badminton to get to.

TiaPony

Visit site
A huge thank you to everyone who stood in that rain yesterday. Pulborough is my lucky venue and I'm so grateful to everyone who helped make it run despite conditions.

sabel

Visit site
Would like to add my thanks too. I competed in the 90 yesterday and am very grateful to all those who helped to run a great event. It was my first visit to Pulborough and I will definately be back!

Nicnac

Visit site
We were there on Saturday. We transferred from Sunday as on a Day Ticket so only way to get in was to volunteer to run Saturday and feeling VERY lucky as, despite stupidly late times, the stewards were fantastic and we were finished by 5.30 despite our published XC time being 17.49!

Great venue. Haven't been there for 6 years so was taken aback by amazing SJ arena and massively beefed up 90 course compared to how it used to be.

Thanks to all (and to those who competed - don't forget to do your ERA feedback!!)

pearcider

Visit site
Agree with all the above the stewards and jump judges were fab...the poor guy on the SJ gate was shivering but still smiling. I ran and thought it rode very well :)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Rosie rode in the Novice on Friday morning so was fortunate to miss the rain. We went down Thursday evening and stayed with relatives nearby but the owner bought the horse down from Essex on Friday and was held up on the M25 (no surprises there then :(). The officials were amazingly helpful and told Rosie not to worry - they'd fit her in somehow. Good thing really as they came 3rd :).
Loads of praise for everyone involved from us lot and many thanks.

AandK

Visit site
I helped out on Fri morning and was back to do the 90 on Sat afternoon. So I was very lucky with the weather, didn't get wet at all! Didn't set the world alight with our end score (great dressage, shame about the rest!) but we completed and had a fab time XC, course was lovely, ground perfect - I got caught by the skinny after the first water though!
Thanks to all who helped - this is my local venue, I second the cry for a spring event!! :biggrin3:

Twiglet

Visit site
I groomed for a friend there on Sunday....the volunteers were ridiculously cheerful and helpful in the face of such foul conditions. Really well run event and apparently the XC rode a lot better than the warm ups (plus SJ on that lovely surface looked fab). Friend came fourth - lot to be said for an Irish bog pony in that weather ;)