A bit glum, another cat on its way out.

honetpot

Visit site
Rescue odd ball cat which we have put up with, she really is odd, has been off colour. I have no idea how old she is, so I thought it could be age related so I took her to the vet today. I had already thought she was not long for this world, but the vet thought it was thyroid, I thought probably leukaemia, £240 the lighter with blood tests and its leukaemia. So I will probably have her PTS tomorrow.
We will miss her, but she will not be forgotten, she put holes in the new carpets, frightened the life out of us hiding in cupboards, and looking like something out of a horror film sleeping in plastic bags. Then the yowling as of course she is the 'wrong' side of any door. In the course of five years she went from a frightened shadow, but excellent mouser, to the queen of the coffee table, surveying passing dogs with distain.
Night, night Tabby cat.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It's always sad when an animal that we have cared for comes to the end of its life but actually I think this is a lovely story - you took her in and treated her so well, made her feel so comfortable, that now you can do her the last kindness. Thinking of you today.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Tabby cat has had a wonderful 5 years with you and given you much pleasure in that time and those are wonderful memories to cherish. It sounds as though she is a huge character and I will be thinking of you both xx