A bit of fun, sj... Inspire me!

Queenbee

Visit site
After trawling through a thread in the competition forum about what people wear, I'm still no more decided on our kit. I want to look smart (obviously).

For Ben, I have a choice nice chocolate brown saddle cloth with sea green piping, a white saddle cloth, plain brown or plain black. And brown tack

For me, I have a tweed or a smart navy jacket, navy hat, white shirt, white stock, cream jods, long brown boots or brown boots and gators.

I suppose the choice really is between the saddle cloths for Ben and the jackets for me... I was going to go for nice plain white, but then he has white bits so considering the brown and greeny blue one.

Anyway what colours would you go for with my beast (you can see my tweed jacket, and the brown saddle cloth in the pic) and in an ideal world what would you kit him out with from the shops?

945523_609077909102588_1003440734_n.jpg

10152614_758629244147453_920543121_n.jpg

be positive

Visit site
I would wear the tweed and chocolate brown, understated but still smart enough for some good photos, hopefully Ben will resemble the top photo more than the bottom one on the day!!!!

Queenbee

Visit site
I would wear the tweed and chocolate brown, understated but still smart enough for some good photos, hopefully Ben will resemble the top photo more than the bottom one on the day!!!!

Ha ha, oh yes, believe me BP the elbow grease is currently out in FULL FORCE! He is getting cleaner and less hairy every day, and is already trimmed, pulled and clipped in the right places :D. I do like chocolate brown, but I really like the combination of brown and cream, I've just had a peek at the equitheme stuff on equestrian clearance and like that saddle cloth I my post above ^^^ obviously in combination with tweed. :). What do you think?

be positive

Visit site
I like the cream, it would suit him, I am not that keen on colours, except brown or subtle shades, for competing, think it looks ok on ponies but horses are best kept simple and traditional, a little bit of bling or some binding, like the cream one has, is smart without being too in your face.

Queenbee

Visit site
Ideal, glad you said that as I've just ordered it ;) :p not sure it will be here in time for Monday but should be here next week :)

blood_magik

Visit site
Well, you could wear either jacket but I would go for the navy for SJ if it's just SJ that you're doing. :)

I like the cream saddlecloth but the green is nice too.
To be honest, almost anything goes as long as you're smartly turned out. Mine jump in either royal blue with red and gold piping or white with green and gold piping but I've seen hot pink and some of the really bright eskadron next generation colours out and about recently.

vam

Visit site
After trawling through a thread in the competition forum about what people wear, I'm still no more decided on our kit. I want to look smart (obviously).

For Ben, I have a choice nice chocolate brown saddle cloth with sea green piping, a white saddle cloth, plain brown or plain black. And brown tack

For me, I have a tweed or a smart navy jacket, navy hat, white shirt, white stock, cream jods, long brown boots or brown boots and gators.

I suppose the choice really is between the saddle cloths for Ben and the jackets for me... I was going to go for nice plain white, but then he has white bits so considering the brown and greeny blue one.

Anyway what colours would you go for with my beast (you can see my tweed jacket, and the brown saddle cloth in the pic) and in an ideal world what would you kit him out with from the shops?

I would go with what’s in bold but I would possibly change the shirt and stock to a cream or champagne type colour, will make his white bits look whiter. Perhaps a cream or champagne saddle cloth as well. You could go with either boots but I quite like the idea of the brown boots and gators.
I'm a plain saddle cloth girl for shows but if I had a navy jacket I would be inclined to go with a navy saddle cloth with cream piping/binding.