A bit worried about Small George....

{97702}

Visit site
George was sick 3 or 4 days ago - I didn’t think much of it, he bolts his food down if I’m not careful and it came back up undigested a few hours later so I assumed he had eaten too fast and had indigestion.

Then yesterday he did it again, and tonight he refused his tea.... absolutely unheard of!

He is drinking normally, weeing normally, no poo now as he has nothing to pass through him but his gums are a healthy colour and his respiratory rate is normal, he seems bright and cheerful in himself. I was pondering about the vet this evening but he was desperate to go for a walk with the others so off we went and he had a fab time in full ‘bustling self-important Duracell terrierist’ mode, hunting in all the undergrowth and really enjoying himself.

We got home and he shot straight under my bed which is his ‘safe place’ ☹️

I’m at a loss to know what to do now 😳 I’m used to greyhounds (‘oh woe is me, I’m dying if I so much as break a nail, let me howl like I’m dying’) or lurchers (‘oh look, my leg is hanging off, that’s a bit inconvenient, never mind I’ll just go and chase that squirrel...) and George isn’t really doing either?

Does this ring a bell with any terrier owners? I’m quite happy to whip him to the vet tomorrow morning but there isn’t an awful lot to describe at the moment

And just because I love him and he is so cute.... he does look really old though.... worry, worry....

0B180227-0239-4463-9DFB-FD021502D566.jpeg

meleeka

Visit site
Poor George ☹️ I think I’d try to get him eating something and see how that turns out. Will he eat a bit of Chicken?

My JRT seems to have developed a sensitive tum as she’s aged and tends to get trapped wind, unless I’m ultra careful what she eats. She does look awfully sad when she’s in pain and is a bit of a wimp with it. She won’t eat then either, but hasn’t ever been sick. She’s pretty tough normally but not with belly ache and my sister’s JRT is the same.

As I say I’d try and get him eating something and if that comes back up, off to the vets.

ETA He has such a lovely face 💕

SadKen

Visit site
Not terriers but my GSDs were like this almost exactly a year ago, and it was due to a gastro virus (except it was coming out of both ends and gushing in a fountain). We were deeply worried and rushed to the vet who gave us an anti emetic due to the sheer volume, recommended one missed meal then bland food. I will say tho that ours were happy to eat that meal.

I assume gums are still nice and colourful? Our vet told me to check gums and if they are a regular colour you're all right (after I took my now older dog back various times for things that weren't bad enough for a vet visit!). Hope you solve it!

{97702}

Visit site
He did eat some food when it was scattered in his crate as a distraction when I popped out briefly earlier (he yaps when he is left otherwise!) so he’s had something this evening.... and he was very very keen to help me when I was eating some cold roast chicken earlier 🙄

I wonder whether he has just had a minor stomach upset and didn’t fancy kibble this evening....

ETA - his gums are absolutely normal 😊

meleeka

Visit site
He did eat some food when it was scattered in his crate as a distraction when I popped out briefly earlier (he yaps when he is left otherwise!) so he’s had something this evening.... and he was very very keen to help me when I was eating some cold roast chicken earlier 🙄

I wonder whether he has just had a minor stomach upset and didn’t fancy kibble this evening....

ETA - his gums are absolutely normal 😊

I that case I wouldn’t worry. 😀

{97702}

Visit site
Ah - panic is over - he has decided his food of choice this evening is Sour Cream and Onion Pringles instead....🙄🙄🙄

I think it says a lot about how much he has made his way into my heart in such a short length of time, I was so worried!!! bless his little soul, hopefully he will be back to normal tomorrow 😄

paisley

Visit site
Ah - panic is over - he has decided his food of choice this evening is Sour Cream and Onion Pringles instead....🙄🙄🙄

I think it says a lot about how much he has made his way into my heart in such a short length of time, I was so worried!!! bless his little soul, hopefully he will be back to normal tomorrow 😄
That’s your go to food now to check if it’s really serious and needs the vet
My ‘deaths door or pulling a sickie ‘ check for the whippet is butter. 😁

{97702}

Visit site
That’s your go to food now to check if it’s really serious and needs the vet
My ‘deaths door or pulling a sickie ‘ check for the whippet is butter. 😁

For the greyhounds and lurchers it seems to be (in their dreams!) squirrel.... 🙄😂😂😂

More pragmatically it’s ham though 😊

Oh I miss having a whippet.... nostalgia.... 😊😊

paisley

Visit site
For the greyhounds and lurchers it seems to be (in their dreams!) squirrel.... 🙄😂😂😂

More pragmatically it’s ham though 😊

Oh I miss having a whippet.... nostalgia.... 😊😊
He still reckons he’ll nab a squirrel despite being a pensioner 🙄 But I’ve yet to finish a slice of toast without getting the stare for a scrap of the crust 😜

{97702}

Visit site
Well he got me up quite a few times overnight, I think he was going out to eat grass in the garden!

He seems really bright and happy this morning & he really enjoyed his walk today, we were out for over an hour in the very wet and muddy woods and he had a great time beetling around.... then I forgot how close to the ground terriers are and picked him up at the end of the walk 🙄

Now he is having a little sleep....

B385E791-4C50-47F5-B4FF-97EE601474F3.jpeg

Smitty

Visit site
My terrier vomited his brekkie up this morning. I put this down to some cold chips and a quantity of chocolate croissant he managed to eat after getting his head jammed through some railings whilst out in town yesterday afternoon 😠😠

He will vomit undigested/partly digested food roughly every 8 weeks and I take little notice of it, rightly or wrongly.

I have been dragged out for his walk and he managed to find some yummy cat poo to eat until I spoilt that with a prod from my walking stick. If that gets vomited up, he will be advertised on Gumtree, free to any home ... 😁😁

{97702}

Visit site
Sorry Smitty but that did make me laugh - dogs are so vile sometimes, cat poo is just one of the worst things!!! I’d be with you on the ‘free to any home’ route 😂😂

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Owner thinks: I might have just got this dog ownership thing nailed, everything is going swimmingly.
Dog thinks: Hmmm, owner looking a bit smug about this dog ownership thing, will just throw some random vomit or runny poo into the equation. Just to keep her on her toes.
Owner thinks: Damn it! Poorly dog! I'll starve him for the day.
Dog thinks: Damn it! I'm flipping starving, must run around looking fit and healthy.
Owner thinks: Starving him for the day has worked a treat, I've really got this dog ownership thing nailed.
And repeat
🐾😍🐾❤️

CAYLA

Visit site
George was sick 3 or 4 days ago - I didn’t think much of it, he bolts his food down if I’m not careful and it came back up undigested a few hours later so I assumed he had eaten too fast and had indigestion.

Then yesterday he did it again, and tonight he refused his tea.... absolutely unheard of!

He is drinking normally, weeing normally, no poo now as he has nothing to pass through him but his gums are a healthy colour and his respiratory rate is normal, he seems bright and cheerful in himself. I was pondering about the vet this evening but he was desperate to go for a walk with the others so off we went and he had a fab time in full ‘bustling self-important Duracell terrierist’ mode, hunting in all the undergrowth and really enjoying himself.

I’m at a loss to know what to do now 😳 I’m used to greyhounds (‘oh woe is me, I’m dying if I so much as break a nail, let me howl like I’m dying’) or lurchers (‘oh look, my leg is hanging off, that’s a bit inconvenient, never mind I’ll just go and chase that squirrel...) and George isn’t really doing either?

Does this ring a bell with any terrier owners? I’m quite happy to whip him to the vet tomorrow morning but there isn’t an awful lot to describe at the moment

And just because I love him and he is so cute.... he does look really old though.... worry, worry....

View attachment 37454

View attachment 37454
Munchausen by George is what I recon you have 🤔😆

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
George is gorgeous. Our terriers had pretty much indestructible stomachs but my aunt's schnauzer regularly had tummy upsets as he thought it was a good idea to eat stones. He'd go on cooked rice and cabbage for a day or two to recover.