A certain saddlery and online retailer...

Lady La La

Visit site
Sold me some Ariat boots over a week ago, in their sale, for £139.

I waited a few days and checked their website to find that the order was still being processed, so I called them and was told that although the boots were in stock when I ordered them they had since been sold 'in store' to someone else and they were unable to get any more into stock.
I was gutted, they were supposed to be my 'cheer up, pregnancy isn't so bad when you have posh ariat boots' boots :(
I can't afford to buy them full price and so I snapped these up as soon as I heard about them. I escalated the situation as a complaint with the company in question, as I felt the level of customer service I had received was abysmal.

This was a week ago and still nobody has contacted me from the company in question to discuss either refunding my money, or sending me out some boots. I have chased them twice now and each time I was told to expect a phone call within the next few days.
No phone call has arrived as of yet, and they still have my money and I have no grassmere boots!

I'm a little bit cross (a lot cross actually, but I think thats just the hormones speaking...)
Is there anything I can do? :(

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Blimey, i would threaten them with Trading Standards immediately. That is simply NOT acceptable, and I too would be fuming. Get on to head office, and go for it.

Oh and you are within your rights to name them on here btw.

zaminda

Visit site
Phone them again, or if you can't contact them, email them telling them you will be getting trading standards involved if they haven't spoken to you and refunded you by a certain date. If they no longer have the product to sell, and aren't getting any more in, they have to refund you.

Scarlett

Visit site
They did the same thing to me.... :(

I got told they had sourced me a pair and they would just be a couple of days later than expected... Nothing happened and when I called them for the 4th time they finally admitted that they couldn't get me a pair.

They did do the refund without me having to prompt them though. However this is the 3rd time I've been let down by them in similar circumstances - not amused, I won't use them again.

Theres an ebay shop that has them for £165 if that helps?

Lady La La

Visit site
Oh and you are within your rights to name them on here btw.

Ahhh ok ;)

Phone them again, or if you can't contact them, email them telling them you will be getting trading standards involved if they haven't spoken to you and refunded you by a certain date. If they no longer have the product to sell, and aren't getting any more in, they have to refund you.

I'm more peed off that they sold me a pair of boots that they never actually had in stock. They should never have taken my money :mad:
I've been searching all week for a different pair of boots that I can buy at a similar price, but until DERBY HOUSE actually bother to refund my money I don't have the spare funds there to buy any :(

Clava

Visit site
They always do this sort of thing, great sale price, you make an order and then they say it has run out :( I now expect it, but sometimes you get lucky :)

Sorry to hear your disappointed - enjoy shopping for something else.

Lady La La

Visit site
They did the same thing to me.... :(

I got told they had sourced me a pair and they would just be a couple of days later than expected... Nothing happened and when I called them for the 4th time they finally admitted that they couldn't get me a pair.

How can they get away with doing this? They are effectively taking peoples money and selling them something that they never even had... :mad::mad:

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Derby House is coming up in a LOT of threads on here lately. I am not sure if they are in trouble (or have been), but they seem to be behaving as if they are.

I'm sure lots of good advice will follow, but I would most certainly tell them you will get TS involved. Above all, do you really need this hassle when you are treating yourself - leaves a VERY bad taste in the mouth. :rolleyes:

Fransurrey

Visit site
You can get a reference from TS to give them, to show that you HAVE taken action. It's one phone call to TS. I did it with Homebase years ago when I had a faulty product. As soon as HB had a reference number to show that I meant it, I had a snotty phone call to say that I could have a refund and it was done straight away.

I thought it was illegal to take money prior to dispatching the product? Seems a lot of companies do this, so does anyone know if that's the case?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
They always do this sort of thing, great sale price, you make an order and then they say it has run out :( I now expect it, but sometimes you get lucky :)

This

I was lucky this time but other times I haven't. Particularly annoying was a few years ago when I bought a 3 or 4 things in the sale.

One item ( it was something small like a thinning comb) had ran out so they put the whole order on hold and emailed me asking me to contact them.
Couldn't get through on their line for several hours and by the time I did they had sold out of the other items which had been in stock.

Lady La La

Visit site
Derby House is coming up in a LOT of threads on here lately. I am not sure if they are in trouble (or have been), but they seem to be behaving as if they are.

I'm sure lots of good advice will follow, but I would most certainly tell them you will get TS involved. Above all, do you really need this hassle when you are treating yourself - leaves a VERY bad taste in the mouth. :rolleyes:

You're right, it leaves a really bad taste. Shan't touch them again with someone elses barge pole. Thanks for the advice, I'll get straight onto TS.

Put complaint on their facebook.page
Great idea, thanks.

I thought it was illegal to take money prior to dispatching the product? Seems a lot of companies do this, so does anyone know if that's the case?

If its not, I do think it should be :(

metalmare

Visit site
Once worked for certain company at a now closed down store and I can confirm they handled orders in a fairly haphazard manner.

metalmare

Visit site
No, I don't think it's illegal to take money prior to dispatch as we often charged cards over the phone as if the customer was there, then rummaged around for the goods... but I'm not certain of this.

CalllyH

Visit site
I'm happy to put a post about why it's been removed! Joules did that to me too when they messed up my order badly with no contact but took the money

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Definitely trading standards, if everyone reports them when they have a problem it might stop them behaving so badly in the first place.

I saw the sale price for the boots that day but by the time I'd convinced myself I could spend that much on boots I didn't really need they'd sold out. Well officially sold out anyway! Obviously I had a lucky escape!

Don't back down, keep posting on their facebook page and keep at them til they sort it out. Good luck x

Brimmers

Visit site
i've had them take the money for something, send out the rest of my order minus that item, then just send on the item in qurestion as soon as they have it back in stock before, are they absolutely not getting more in?

shame, i've always had good experiences with DH, and the method above means that i get items at sale price even if there are none left

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As soon as I read this thread I knew the saddlery in question....
They have done the same to me on a few occasions now. Its stupid as I keep seeing bargains tho' I shouldn't even bother looking anymore as each time I order it go's wrong.

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I'm still having problems with them too! They are useless! Let me buy a pair of Dublin river boots on the 11th of October & they've still not been sent! I've rung up 3 times & they were supposed to be in on Friday according to the previous two calls but according to today's they are still working their way through Fridays delivery & it may be despatched later in the week! Not good enough. She's told me someone will look into it & call me later in the week, I'm not holding up too much hope!

Abacus

Visit site
THey have always been awful. A few years ago I bought a pair of short boots, they sent one size 5 (which I ordered) and one size 7... Complained, and they said they could refund and I could reorder them. It was a good deal so I did, and they sent me the same 'pair' back again. I sent them back again and despite complaining for ages never got a refund. In the end I got distracted (by having a baby) and didn't follow it up as I should have done. I have never bought from them since.

Lady La La

Visit site
THey have always been awful. A few years ago I bought a pair of short boots, they sent one size 5 (which I ordered) and one size 7... Complained, and they said they could refund and I could reorder them. It was a good deal so I did, and they sent me the same 'pair' back again. I sent them back again and despite complaining for ages never got a refund. In the end I got distracted (by having a baby) and didn't follow it up as I should have done. I have never bought from them since.

Thats so bad its almost funny :(

I got my boots in the end, I kicked up a storm on facebook and eventually they sent me a pair of the newer style Ariat Grassmeres for the same price as the old ones they were selling in the sale.
I was promised some vouchers to spend online too, by way of an apology for the mix up... but so far they have yet to arrive :eek:

ALO

Visit site
Have had the same happen to me. Ordered two items, 2 weeks ago,one received on Saturday, other still says order being processed.called last week,they said they were awaiting a delivery that should come in on the 28th.called today,apparently that delivery didn't come in and they are awaiting another date. Very annoyed that they are clearly selling items which are not in stock and taking your money regardless. If its not in stock or there is a problem with delivery,why can't they inform you?will not be ordering again no matter how tempted I am by the offers and informed them of that!