A clipping question of sorts...

amage

Visit site
What are the finest blades anyone uses. I clip alot of horses and a standard A2 blade which is perfect on absolutely everything bar my own mare. On her they never seem to do as fine a cut. She was clipped ten days ago and needs done again despite lights on to help reduce regrowth and she is definitely warm enough. Reason I am questioning using very fine blades is she is an absolute nightmare to clip...IV sedation and vet has to hang around usually to do a drug top up. So anybody gone with the A2Fine blades before??? Would she look like a skinned horse?

**Vanner**

Visit site
my harmony's clip at 1mm and my liveryman A2 cut at 2.4mm.

Have to say I do like the 1mm finish and was wondering about getting the fine A2 blades myself. I also think you get a nicer finish with the fine blades.

whizzer

Visit site
I used to have my horse clipped by someone who used these & it does give a lovely,short smart clip(& they don't look skinned!). However she was a perfectionist & used to go over & over bits & ended up upsetting my horse & he became extremely annoyed & fidgety when she did him(this horse is 100% perfect to clip!). I stopped using her as I bought my own clippers,horse reverted back to being an angel to clip. I was never sure if it was the blades or her technique that upset him.....

amage

Visit site
I used to have my horse clipped by someone who used these & it does give a lovely,short smart clip(& they don't look skinned!). However she was a perfectionist & used to go over & over bits & ended up upsetting my horse & he became extremely annoyed & fidgety when she did him(this horse is 100% perfect to clip!). I stopped using her as I bought my own clippers,horse reverted back to being an angel to clip. I was never sure if it was the blades or her technique that upset him.....

Oh interesting to know thank you....though she is so heavily doped to be clipped it shouldn't make much difference to her!

imr

Visit site
I have both A2 and A2F blades for Lister Star clippers. The F do give a shorter clip (I think hairlength I end up with with the two sets is similar to what kirstyhen has said) but I havent had the "skinned" effect although I do think it often is a bit linier. But if you have to dope to clip I would go for it as it might mean a greater gap between clips/fewer clips.