A consistent (and successful) JAS Report!

charlimouse

Visit site
So after the not so good BE Jump Training report from a couple of weeks ago (I got 4/10 for my riding :eek:), today we had the JAS (glutton for punishment prehaps :rolleyes:). Things didn't start well when I arrived to find the same judge as at the jump training. Hopes weren't high :eek:! First up was Pickle in the BE90. He was a little over-awed and went pretty green on me, but he jumped double clear, with 6 time penalties. We added 20 style penalties to finish 7th, and qualify for the final :D. Typically unlike previous years rosettes only went to 6th, so unfortunately no ribbon :(.

Next up was the BE100. Again Pickle went very green on me, but was honest and listened. He got pretty mentally tired and we did end up with 3 fences down, as he was jumping so high, we didn't make all the back rails. But good education for him, and style mark wasn't as bad as expected (23), plus we only got 9 time penalties (time was very tight), so not a disgraceful score given he had never been in an environment like the JAS.

Jem was next in the BE100. She romped round double clear with just 3 time penalties, and yet again a style score of 20. This was good enough for 2nd, so we got some diesal money (and a rosette), and qualified for the finals :D.

Lastly Jem jumped the Novice. She hasn't seen a track that size since last July, but she sailed round. We just tipped a skinny upright on the SJ phase, but put our foot down XC and finished with just 2 time penalties. We added a style score of (wait for it.........................) 20 (again)! So waited around for results and finished 7th (again)! Qualifying for the finals, but sadly no rosette.

So all in all a much better day, and I think the mojo is beginning to return *frantically touches wood!*. Given my Dad wasn't around unfortunately we have no pictures, so here are some of Pickle last night. He had an 'incident' with his rug :p!

090ED1A8.jpg

A27E2E4E.jpg

charlimouse

Visit site
Well done on some fab results hope you've defrosted now too :)

Actually it was rather pleasant weather yesterday. The same cannot be said for today!

Well done! But considering the entry fee it's pretty mean not to give rosettes to 10th!

I thought it was a little stingy, not that it really matters in the long run!