A couple more Tobago pics - trotting!

htobago

Visit site
Sorry - totally self-indulgent, but nice hubby just scanned in these photos for me from the National Championships last summer, so I couldn't resist posting them.
blush.gif

(And a few people have asked for more Tobago-pics. Well, any excuse, really. Sorry. I'm a bit besotted with this horse, as you know.
blush.gif
crazy.gif
wink.gif
)

The colour hasn't come out v well - it looks all faded compared to the original pics - and tbh they don't really do justice to his movement - but hope you like them anyway.
smile.gif

Tobagomalverntrot1.jpg

Tobagomalverntrot2.jpg

springfallstud

sfs-stud.com
Please dont apologise isnt this the very reason why we have the breeding section to show off our stock aswell as advice and learn from each other???
smile.gif
He is stunning
tongue.gif
what a trot
tongue.gif
and i think you should post photos weekly lol i think everyone should, i run a gsd forum and people on there are always posting pic's and it is great to see them all
wink.gif

brackenhappy

Visit site
STOP with the sexy piccies!!! or bracken really will be paying a visit!!!!!!!.................he is lovely............. now i have a cunning plan!! my friend has a lovely arab mare now need to talk him into putting her into foal to your boy!!!! not that it would take much talking once he sees tobago!!!!!!

S_N

Visit site
Severnmiles and I were discussing his suitability for Sportshorse breeding last night - I think he'd be awesome!!! I just LOVE this horse!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He just has 'something' about him doesn't he

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't he just!!! I'd love to use him, but not on B - she is a little sharp to use an Arab on, I just don't think it would be a good match. The outcome would be too clever by half!! He'd be lovely with an old fashioned Trakehner.......

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
It would be eligible for full papers only is he is graded with the TBF, otherwise just preliminary register. But it might well be worth him being presented to the TBF as a good sporthorse type of arab would be accepted, except the stallion gradings are so tough. I am going to ask a few of the judges this weekend how they view arabian stallions.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
That is a good idea as the only stallion that I think had arab was Fairlyn Gemini. I dont see how it can be a bad thing, not for mare owners anyway. What I miss about having a PBA are the classes which are at most shows for Arabs & their PB's. TBF seem very relucant to encourage the PB's, I know they bought the brand in, not that you can see it on mine. There is no grading offered for PB's, I understand that they are going to vary in type, but I thought this was all part of promoting the breed. I would love to see an Arab or AA graded. They could offer an interesting mix into the sports horse breeding programme.

htobago

Visit site
Gosh - thank you so much everyone!
grin.gif

I am so happy that you all like him! And even more happy that you think he might be suitable for sporthorse breeding!!!
grin.gif

He due to be backed in October, and possibly go to AP and Mat a bit later to be collected for US/Worldwide frozen semen, and have some classical dressage training at the same time.
smile.gif

Then maybe he could be presented for grading next year sometime? Dunno. Will have to see what his riders think, etc. And I think only the Trak people would allow a pure-bred Arab to be presented, and possibly not even them, so not sure if this will be possible.
frown.gif

Would it be hopeless to think of anyone sending really good WB mares to him if I can't get him graded cos he's an Arab?
confused.gif
frown.gif
crazy.gif
(Anyone who isn't a serious Arab-lover, I mean - there is one super WB breeder who is I think planning to send a v good mare, but she's an Arab-lover, bless her!
wink.gif
)

He did have a super TB eventer this year, and a nice TB x ID sporthorse mare, and a pink-papered Austrian WB (nice, but not a patch on the WBs I've seen on here)!

But otherwise mainly pure-bred Arabs. Although a top Arab-racehorse trainer came to see him, and immediately booked one of her best racing mares to him for next year, even though he's a 'show-Arab' with mainly 'show' bloodlines.
smile.gif

So - I think maybe he does have 'something' that sporthorse/WB breeders might like. But whether that 'something' will be enough for them to breed to him is another question LOL!
wink.gif

But all your comments have made me feel much more hopeful about this - thank you again!
smile.gif
grin.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Htobago............at the end of the day we have to support each other in our efforts.........feel we have such a diverse group of breeders on here with a vast amount of experience, but that we are also all becoming friends.............
cool.gif
laugh.gif

{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG EVERYONE}}}}}}}}}
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
lol he's stunning HT! Look at the elevation on that trot!! wow!
I'll have u all know I was the 1st on here to enquire about Tobago on a WB mare for sporthorse breeding!
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

least I think I was......... lmao!

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
HT one of the advantages to mare owners in using an Arab is that the offspring are then eligible for PBA showing classes which still outnumber the sports horse classes. I think the Arab is underated considering how much they were used to refine & improve on many other breeds. I think though it is their size that lets them down as most people seem to be looking for min 16hh. It also does not help to see people treating them like procelain. Their origins lie as a working animal not an ornament.

htobago

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Htobago............at the end of the day we have to support each other in our efforts.........feel we have such a diverse group of breeders on here with a vast amount of experience, but that we are also all becoming friends.............
cool.gif
laugh.gif

{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG EVERYONE}}}}}}}}}
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Anastasia I couldn't agree more - this really is a quite remarkably friendly forum. I don't think I've ever seen a single b*tchy or unpleasant comment in the whole time I've been coming here.

One really feels one can ask about anything, however daft, and there will be a kind and helpful response.

I'm joining your (((((((HUG)))))))!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

htobago

Visit site
Navalgem - you are quite right: you were the very first!!

Maybe you are what market-researchers call an 'Early Adopter' - cool people who are always the first to spot and adopt new trends?!

At least I'm rather hoping this will become a new trend LOL!!
wink.gif

htobago

Visit site
Magic104 - good point about the PBA classes - there are PBA classes at most shows, far more than sport-horse classes, so there would be lots of opportunities to show these babies!

You're right about the other aspects too, though. Height is an issue - although I understand that this is determined more by the mare than the stallion, so I suppose if you bred bigger mares to an Arab it would be OK?

confused.gif

Harihorse

Visit site
For anyone interested in the arab cross for performance you could try looking at Auchmillan Arabians Toman.......his in hand and ridden results are fantastic for such a young horse,
www.auchmillanarabians.org.uk or for real performance arabians try www.pearlislandarabians.co.uk
If you are impressed by Tobago`s movement you will be blown away by Toman`s and the Bahraini stallions at Pearl Island. Also to be considered is the temperament.