A Day In The Life Of A Work Rider - A Lot Can Happen In A Year!

Visit site
So it is almost exactly a year since I posted my first mini racing blog. That was the day I pooped my pants jumping Bucket Heid up the logs and tyres. If you missed it here it is:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/foru...-In-The-Life-Of-A-Work-Rider-Who-Lacks-Bottle!

What has happened in this year? Well of the horses that are in that blog post Cool has just retired and left today for his new home hunting which I just know he will love!

Midnight is just back and was absolutely sceptic on the gallops today! He will settle down and be the lovely big horse I know so well in a few days.

Pony is has lost the love of racing and is going to go hunting to see if that perks him up a bit if not he will be looking for a special home.

My wee Pocket Rocket- Sky Khan is just as wild as ever, totally loving life and running well!

And then we get to Bucket Heid. He ran in 3 bumpers last year winning his first one in emphatic style. Documented here:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?759083-Bucket-Heeds-Big-Day-Out!

He has summered well and has come back physically and mentally stronger. Cargo is a gentle giant who only ever wishes to please. Today was his very first spin over hurdles at home and this was the result ...

40446520_10156655639459721_837004326156107776_n.jpg

Aeroplane or what! Of course I was not on him! Jumping over 1.5ft tyres is more than my heart can take let alone 3ft hurdles! He ate up the ground going into them, met everyone of them on the perfect stride all 3x up and left them plenty of air. All the while making it look totally effortless! I absolutely adore this big horse! And I am excited to see what the future holds for him!

Last edited:
Visit site
Stunning picture - he's certainly a class horse.

You all psyched up there for the Autumn/winter now?

Getting there! A few more members of staff would help! But we have some real nice horses for the coming season and Arthur got back in the yard yesterday! So lots to look forward to!

gryff

Visit site
Such lovely horses and a wonderful insight into the behind the scenes. What an interesting job you have. Love reading about it.

Visit site
I'm in live with Pinspot at your yard. Do you ever exercise him?

Wee Pinspot? No I don't ride him. He is a total sweetheart though! He would barely scrape 15.1hh on the stick but he is young yet and may grow still ... He had his first shot over the hurdles proper the other day too and whilst not quite the missile that Bucket Heid was he wasn't too shabby!

TPO

Visit site
Wee Pinspot? No I don't ride him. He is a total sweetheart though! He would barely scrape 15.1hh on the stick but he is young yet and may grow still ... He had his first shot over the hurdles proper the other day too and whilst not quite the missile that Bucket Heid was he wasn't too shabby!

*love with Pinspot

I didn't realise he was that small. I messaged a month or so ago to have my name put on the list for his future retirement rehoming ha ha I think that'll be a while off! I saw that he'd ran and have been keeping an eye out for his entries. There was just something about him that I really liked.

Visit site
*love with Pinspot

I didn't realise he was that small. I messaged a month or so ago to have my name put on the list for his future retirement rehoming ha ha I think that'll be a while off! I saw that he'd ran and have been keeping an eye out for his entries. There was just something about him that I really liked.

I did wonder if that was you who messaged lol! Somedays you will get Lucinda replying, other days myself on the fb page lol! But I Did see your message, lvr responded to that one herself. I think Pinspot goes to Perth for another Bumper a week today. He may be small but he has the heart of a lion!

TPO

Visit site
I did wonder if that was you who messaged lol! Somedays you will get Lucinda replying, other days myself on the fb page lol! But I Did see your message, lvr responded to that one herself. I think Pinspot goes to Perth for another Bumper a week today. He may be small but he has the heart of a lion!

I've got a thing for chestnuts ha ha Thanks, will keep an eye out for updates on the page about his next race. It suits me if he's good at racing for a few more years because I've got another young chestnut to start and do stuff with first ha ha

Visit site
We have a public open day from 11am til 1pm this Saturday if anyone wants to come along btw!

I have also just pulled Arthur's mane - £20 a clump enough to make a plait with!

dizzyneddy

Visit site
l wish l could come to the open day but abit too far for me.

Love open days at racing yards as l love TBs. Went to Colin Tizzard’s on Bank Holiday Monday whilst on holiday & thoroughly enjoyed it he’s really down to earth & l got to finally see Thistlecrack who was simply more gorgeous in the flesh. Just hope he isn’t as injury prone this year.