A Dugdate

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A little update, I honestly didn’t think he’d still be here at this point. He is! He’s doing well, he’s not back to normal but is doing the steps up and down to the garden himself easily (tiles so a bit slippy) we have rugs dotted everywhere which was a lifeline but seems less important now.
He will get himself half into the sofa which he’d stopped even trying. Now he just needs but of a back leg up. Gets down easily.
Is getting excited and running to his bowl at *whispery voice “dinner time”
But, best of all he’s doing his tea towel game again. This is where OH flicks his bum as he walks past with a tea towel and a mad play frenzy occurs during which he jumps and charges round. It’s not as crazy as before but was lovely to see again!
Regrouping with the vets again early next week ??FF0DD77F-68BE-466E-B284-189A3666BE6A.jpeg

Moobli

Visit site
What a lovely lad. I had to go back and read your Jan post to find out what the issue was. I am really glad to hear he has improved. He sounds such a happy character.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We are day 2.5 of no gabapentin. He had his last tablet early Sunday morning.
so far so good. I don’t think he’s gone backwards at all.
I’m still a bit disappointed that he didn’t quite get back to normal but he’s doing ok and is still playful and happy pottering round the garden/yard.
I * think the painkillers would be out of his system by now?
So, I think this still counts as a win for Doug dog

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I don't know how long it takes before the drug is out of his system. Had he been human, I've read it can be detected in urine for around 2-4 days after the last pill, but I'm not sure if or how much remaining little effect it might still have whilst still being detactable in the waste disposal system so to say.

Glad to read you feel he's doing okay. Playful, happy, and being able to do important dog stuff, like pottering round sniffing over a yard, or garden, sounds good to me.