A few questions re sharing my horse.

LauraBR

Visit site
Q1. Can anyone PM me or post an example of a GOOD ad for horse share- ones that you have used which have been successful. I'd like to be lazy and plagiarize good phrases wherever possible
wink.gif

Q2. Is it ok to specify no under 16s?

Q3. Insurance- is there any extra insurance I need, or need to insist a sharer have?

Thanks!

Have decided I really need a sharer to help me out short term. My husband works away and now Sam is coming in overnight I am really struggling trying to juggle him and an uncooperative 4 month old baby. Current situation is not fair on any of us so decision made (in pouring rain) today to advertise for a sharer.

Any advice welcomed. I know there have been lots of sharer advice threads recently but I can't get search facility to work- if anyone has a link to them that would be great.

Brontie

Visit site
It is ok to specify No under 16's However im not sure yould get As much interest. I feel most people looking for horses are 13 years onwards.

Hope thats of help.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It is ok to specify No under 16's However im not sure yould get As much interest. I feel most people looking for horses are 13 years onwards.

Hope thats of help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Brontie
smile.gif
but I'm afraid all the interest in the world from young teenagers would not change the fact that I would not consider anyone under 16 as a potential share. I would not dream of sharing with a 13 year old and, knowing my horse as I do, it would be very irresponsible of me to.

fleabitten

Visit site
I've also made the decision to look for a sharer today! I have specified no teenagers and don't feel bad about it at all. my boy is an ex racer and one over exuberant teen choosing to blast him around the countryside would undo a hell of a lot of work i have done with him.

Natch

Visit site
Plenty of ads specify over 18s only, so don't feel guilty - IMO plenty of adults looking for a share too!

Insurance - as a sharer I have always had the 3rd party thingy that the BHS Gold membership offers, and would advise anyone else to get the same.

birdof1977

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Plenty of ads specify over 18s only, so don't feel guilty - IMO plenty of adults looking for a share too!

Insurance - as a sharer I have always had the 3rd party thingy that the BHS Gold membership offers, and would advise anyone else to get the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I'm 31 and looking for a share again. Us more mature people understand that bombing around the countryside is 'not the way to do it'. Also as a sharer I wouldn't dream of riding anyone elses horse without rider insurance. Not only does it cover me, but the horse and anyone else too should I have an accident, and all for a few quid a month.

MooMoo

Visit site
I'm 17...i dont think its ok to 'bomb around' the countryside.

I can understand not wanting someone under 16 because i've seen loads of ad's from 12/13/14 year olds saying how experienced they are after a year and can apparently ride anything (not saying they cant but sometimes from the way they're worded it makes it seem very unlikely.)

Its not necessarily an age thing, 'more mature' people are just as capable of doing silly things.

Insurance is probably a must, for you and the sharer. Keeps everyone covered then.