A field spraying question....

laura7981

Visit site
Hi, I had my horses field sprayed last Saturday by a local farmer. He said it would be ok to put the horses back on to graze after two weeks as all the weeds would have wilted away by then. Thing is..... It's nearly a week and the weeds don't seem to be dying, a few look as if their curling up but everything else looks the same. My question is, how long do the weeds take to die? I don't want to ring the farmer just yet in case this is normal. Thanks in advance for replies :)

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
depends on the water/herbicide ratio. If too weak (but goes further so cheaper for farmer!) it may not be strong enough to kill some of the tough weeds and buttercups. I sprayed mine last wednesday (2 days ago) and everything is dying off pretty speedy!

I used Relay P - its the only thing that seems to tackle the buttercups and wins!

horserugsnot4u

Visit site
It will depend on type of spray. Some show visible wilting in just a few hours, whereas others may take a week or more to show signs of something happening. Usually a fortnight is long enough to know for certain.