A Filly Win The Arc - Again!

Visit site
It seems to be a budding trend for fillies to win the Arc these days! Danedream, Treve x2 and now Found.

Found has been ever the bridesmaid but she can pull it out of the bag when she wants to! 2nd in pretty much every single Group race she has contested she did lower Golden Horn 's colours in the Breeders Cup last year. I hope she reclaims her crown there this year. What a mare she is!

The next 2 home were also trained by O'Brien and all 3 are by Galileo. The Arc is one of the few major European races his progeny have yet to win and what a way to break your duck! A 1-2-3!

It's been a great week for flat racing (this said coming from a winter jumper through and through!).

On the other side of the Atlantic California Chrome has been toying with his rivals and turning Group 1 races into mere pieces of work. I hope that he too claims a Breeders Cup crown. To me he is everything that flat horses of yester year are. He is superb, he has trained on and not been packed off to stud as soon as he won a few good races and he travels to world. This, in my eyes, is what makes him a truly world class horse. Sorry Frankel but you don't have a patch on Chrome!

There are only a few decent flat races left this year. Champions Day at Ascot will be good but I find that people hold off with their Breeders Cup horses and keep them for America. Can't say I blame them as I would rather have a Breeders Cup win to my name.

Of which you then go onto the Breeders Cup at the start of November. After that it is useless beach donkey derbies that serve no purpose other than to give truly awful tb's a chance to be called racehorses.

Bring on the Jumpers!

Spilletta

Visit site
After that it is useless beach donkey derbies that serve no purpose other than to give truly awful tb's a chance to be called racehorses.

Interesting post, but this bit made me sad.

Surely the lower abilities can to be catered for without derision? Where would the line be drawn as to what constitutes a ‘truly awful’ TB?

If this imaginary line were drawn, and owners of horses below it were no longer allowed to pay to have their horses in training waiting for their moment of hope, there would still be a band of horses who are bottom of the scale.

I don’t think there are that many races that cater for the lowest grade of horses, but surely it’s ok to let them have a run or two before the owner decides the trainer was right, and that their horse would do better in a different job? Then they can pick another horse within their budget and start the dream again – maybe!

popsdosh

Visit site
Interesting post, but this bit made me sad.

Surely the lower abilities can to be catered for without derision? Where would the line be drawn as to what constitutes a ‘truly awful’ TB?

If this imaginary line were drawn, and owners of horses below it were no longer allowed to pay to have their horses in training waiting for their moment of hope, there would still be a band of horses who are bottom of the scale.

I don’t think there are that many races that cater for the lowest grade of horses, but surely it’s ok to let them have a run or two before the owner decides the trainer was right, and that their horse would do better in a different job? Then they can pick another horse within their budget and start the dream again – maybe!

I think you are over analysing EKWs comments which I am sure were meant tongue in cheek . Cant say I disagree with the sentiment either just one step closer to an old racing saying ,sorry if you dont know it but I dont want to bring the world down on my head.

Back to the original post invariably Fillies come into their own this time of year .