A Freddie update and how he liked his mirror!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
TOO MUCH!

So Freddie has been thinking about exiting his stable over his stable door, and I didn't want it to happen, so we make him a top stable door out of weld mesh, I feel so much happier, knowing the gert heffalump is behind bars!...

Anyway as he was getting anxious if another horse was outside his stable (this prompts the urge to leave his stable, I thought why not buy him a stable mirror!!

The idea is we are building him up to being in his stable, he is very relaxed in there , but never felt we could leave him with no grill up!

Cue today, lobbed him in, showed him his mirror,all ears pricked, gave him a bucket of grub, yum yum, left him be, went and rugged TB, came back and the twerp was stood on his back legs,with front legs up on the mirror, playing with his new friend, YES playing stallions!! No aggression whatsoever, he was simply playing, like a 600kg puppy!, thought right will leave him for 10 mins or so to get over it, but he sweated up, was slowly walking up to it, and playing, just like he used to with his friend who was a coloured colt, I am sure he thought it was his friend, we finally got him out when he wouldn't get down off the wall, and the front of the stable was bowing! Mirror removal tomorrow :-(... that horse is such a goof!:D

Kallibear

Visit site
I love youngsters. They're so much fun :D He can come and play with Roo, who does the same kind of silly thing. Today he was carrying an electric fence post, that he'd managed to find god-knows-where, around in his mouth, throw it then chasing after it :rolleyes:

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
HEHE that is funny! He also picks up his 10 litre trug full of water (grrrrrrrrrrrrr) so any way of him not spilling his water too, gratefully recieved!! XX

Kallibear

Visit site
I've lost count of the number of buckets Roo's wrecked. He puts his feet into them and tips them over, then throws them about , or flips them up and down in his mount until they rip. He also rolls on them?! :confused: rugby tackles them to the ground then pins them down with his knees and squashes them with his chest?! Very odd and apparently awfully good fun.

An automatic water drinker? Although, from experience, playful babies often dedicate a huge amount of time to blowing bubbles and scooping out as much water as possible. :rolleyes:

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Ridefast I wouldn't mind if he wasn't so huge! His gert arse is 16hh now and he's built like a brick! lol Come on HHO's you must have some fantastic ideas for stopping Freddie swimming in his stable!