A Good Show Cob Coloured Colouring?

Elsbells

Visit site
I hope I'm in the right place? But if I'm not, please Admin move this post to the correct one please.

I bought a nice 15.1 coloured hunting cob in Ireland, brought him back to the UK and turned him away while I decided what to do with him. He's very nice in every way a real sweetheart although not so good ridden so far, I think he's been hammered on the hunting field and hopefully we will get over that with time and trust. However, everyone that has met him insist that I show him. One friend has got quite excited about his colouring as the patches run over in a kind of wash into the white in a distinct symmetrical line. What I'm asking, is this sought after in show cobs or just a regular thing in coloureds?

conniegirl

Visit site
In showing classes colour will only come into it if the markings create an optical illusion, e.g. some markings can make a shoulder look very upright etc.

D66

Visit site
I was told by an experienced show person that a sharp change in colour is preferable to a blurred one, but as others say it should be judged on type, congo and performance.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I was told by an experienced show person that a sharp change in colour is preferable to a blurred one, but as others say it should be judged on type, congo and performance.

I am teaching Ted the Twit the congo he wants to do strictly come dancing.