a GP saddle with good knee rolls?

Shooting Star

Visit site
^^^ Help please if you can!

I'm currently riding the new boy in an ideal jessica dressage saddle that I used to find gave a really secure ride on my old girl and fortunately fits the boy but he has such whopping paces it's just not feeling right for me (he couldn't care less!).

I really want a GP anyway as we've got fab hacking and would like to do a bit of jumping too, don't want a pure jump saddle though.

Looking for something that is fairly readily available second hand as I'm expecting him to change shape a bit to start with and whilst he's medium at the moment I've got a feeling he might well end a medium wide.

ta muchly for any ideas :)

Shooting Star

Visit site
Albion K2 GP, excellent knee rolls and adjustable up or down a size.

A bit pricey, even 2nd hand but great saddles.

:) was thinking maybe an albion would work, I used to have a Legend that I remember had good knee rolls so good to know the K2 might be an option too. {tootles off to ebay...}

Shooting Star

Visit site
IDEAL far the best saddle i have sat in could stay there all day =)

Me too, I do love my Ideal just finding I need more up front at the moment having had a break from having a horse that could actually be ridden and now having one with some of the biggest paces I've ever felt I'm not feeling totally secure at the mo.

If you've got a GP one I'd love to know what style so I can do a bit of research, nothing like some recommendations!

TigerTail

Visit site
If you are expecting him to change shape a lot the best insurance against needing a new saddle again is a heather moffett soft treed saddle. They are quite often around on ebay, or on the EE forum second hand.

I have the vogue gpt tis wonderful :D