A hello and a help!

xXGemblesXx

Visit site
Firstly hello to all. Havent posted on this part of the forum before!
smile.gif

So, onto the problem
frown.gif

I have a 2 year old choccie lab, who mildly suffers from joint problems in his back leg (can't remember the proper term for it!
blush.gif
) Recently he has become quite lethargic and unintersted in everything inside. He isnt grumpy, just not himself. He prefers to just stay in his bed rather than sit with the rest of us which is VERY unlike him.

So any suggestions as to what could be the problem?? Do you think it would be worth taking him to the vets? I don't know how much they can help with, "hes just not himself"
frown.gif

Thanks!

Goya

Visit site
I would definitely take to vet. They can examine and advise.
Also if you don't mind me asking--has there been any upsets etc in the household? They are very sensitive to the emotions of their "family"
When I was really down a few years ago my Lab became depressed.

Spudlet

Visit site
I would second what Goya says about their sensitivity - when my parents divorced our old lab became very depressed to the point of forgetting his housetraining for a few weeks - he was 6/7 years old at the time so not a baby but not too old to be continent either.

He also bit my dad when he came to visit once - Barney's one and only bite and his finest hour
grin.gif

He did get over it in time and was a great friend to my mum for the next ten years
smile.gif