A Horses Update

sasquatch

Visit site
So, as B is now fully retired and enjoying his life. Here are a few photos of him with his girlfriend enjoying the sun the other day. I do feel sorry for his OH having to put up with him, he likes to use her as shade to sleep in lol. I did get a bit worried about his weight with him living out 24/7 and not being in work anymore as he is that native/cobby type but naturally it turns out living out agrees with him and he looks sound when he comes racing over to see if I have any treats for him. He definitely seems to be very happy and doesn't appear to be struggling or too sore, which is all I can really ask for.

dXweQrn.jpg

gq2XaJo.jpg

I have also taken on a lovely mare on loan for the summer, she is very green and needs work done but she has a nice attitude under saddle and she really does try. Her fitness isn't as bad as first thought, but she does need her top line built up and her balance isn't great. I've been loaning her for just under two weeks so far, and already I'm starting to see her begin to build up and her balance is already improving. We've been doing a lot of walk and trot work (in small doses) and have just started canter work. I'm aiming at doing an intro test with her on the 10th, as I'm not convinced she'll be ready for one of the simpler prelim tests by them.
My riding also has both come on and not improved! I had a really good lesson on tuesday that has really helped with my position and given me a lot to work on with both myself and her. My lower leg needs a lot of work meaning I'm going to have to really do a lot of work standing in my stirrups, and my hands need a lot of work too, but they're both something that I've always needed to work on and I'm very impressed with how quickly she's learning and how I'm already seeing improvements in her.

6nq7hdw.jpg

t97l75o.jpg

8xNTvJj.jpg

8mfZzcJ.jpg