A how much post......for lovely show jumper.....

show_jumper

Visit site
hi everyone....

i was wondering if you could help me....

i am emigrating soon with my other half and had originally planned to take one of my horses with me as i knew he'd be able to earn his keep out in the USA as he is so careful and consistent....

however - the ins and outs of getting him over there and how long it would take me to get him out competing due to finances etc (and how long he would end up being sidelined as a result) just mean its not justifiable anymore... which is truly heartbreaking for me as i've had him since he was 3 and he is now nine......

so heres a bit of info -

hes 16.3, chestnut 9yrs ISH by Ballinvella, jumping upto 1.25 in the ring at the moment with HUGE amounts of scope and the right attitude to go a lot further.... he got all his Disc and NC double clears 08 and NC 09 as well as winning at foxhunter level and being placed in strong classes such as 4th in the hickstead novice derby etc..... i know he will easily jump the 1.30 1.35 classes, is snaffle mouth, has NEVER EVER stopped with me, a real sit and steer and will jump anything, jumps water, dykes, ditches, XC schooled and easy to do in every way...never sick or sorry etc etc......

he must go to a TOP 5* home as he really does mean the world to me.....but was wondering if anyone would give me a rough price guide???

thank you

measles

Visit site
He sounds super and I think he's worth £1.99 and I'll buy him!

Seriously though it just seems to be luck whether horses sell or not. Prices are supposed to have dropped for horses but H&H is full of IMHO over-priced horses. Without seeing him it's impossible to say but he sounds perfect for us!

TarrSteps

Visit site
I'm not qualified to give you a reliable estimate, particularly without seeing the horse, but for a horse that special I'd be inclined to consult a professional in person, preferably someone you have had help from and/or who knows the horse a bit, or a contact of said professional. I'd even be inclined to get two opinions.

While you certainly should advertise I think horses like him often get sold through word of mouth, to clients of professionals in regular contact. He sounds like the perfect horse for a good amateur or perhaps even a professional prospect, which makes him quite valuable IF you can get the right people to see him. Word of mouth is essential since the pool of people looking for a good horse might not be local, or even national.

show_jumper

Visit site
thanks guys! you're right!!! thanks for the advice - its so heartbreaking but hes that good and honest i know he'll be well valued by someone rather than moving home after home after home

thanks again xx

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As has been said it would be best for you to speak to a pro show jumper/dealer & they would tell you the true market price for your horse without any of the emotional baggage we all carry for our own animals. many people overprice their animals due to this but the dealer/pro jumper will let you know the right value. Have a copy of his record with you when you speak as they need to know that
wink.gif

sexyspev

Visit site
Free to good home please??!! Seriously good luck with selling him, you may be in for a wait at the moment, but once the right person comes along you will know... and chances are, if they are the right oerson they will have the right ammount...