A I love my Dog thread!

LaurenBay

Visit site
I have had my Beagle almost 4 years. He is well and truly part of the family and we love him to bits. I was unsure about having a Beagle as a first time dog owner, but the risk paid off because he is amazing. The other night he showed me just how amazing he is. We were all in bed and we woke to Ralph barking, which he never does! he was standing on the stairs and barking at the door. Partner checked the house and all was fine so we went back to sleep. I had forgotten about it but the next day the police knocked on the door, our neighbour had been broken into early hours of the morning whilst they were asleep and various items stolen, including their car. I told the policemen about Ralph barking and then the policeman looked at our door and lock, there were marks on it. Looks like someone had tried to get into our house first and Ralph scared them off.

I bought him a steak that day as he earned it! haha.

It shook me up a bit, my baby had only just moved into his own room so it was even more scary to think someone could have gotten in and gone into the boys bedrooms. Very grateful for my Ralph.

We have taken extra precautions and we have had an alarm installed also, but as long as Ralph is here I don't think we will be needing it.