A kick up the bum update from Eden Valley

TopTotty

Visit site
Ok so after much umming and arring ..... and a good talking to from a friend I decided I would go to Eden Valley on Saturday to do the 90.

Once I had decided this I started to get excited about it again ????

So off we went up the motorway for an hour and a half. I walked the SJ course and thought yep not a problem, a little tight due to the small arena but hey ho. On to the XC we went. So by fence 9 I am feeling pretty happy and thinking 'Yep we can do this', then we came to fence ten. A pallasaide with a ditch in front....not my favourite fence. :( Anyway we kept on going to fence 11 which was a big trakhener shared with the 100 and then fence 12 which was a skinny hedge as high as it could be on a corner and also shared with the 100 and then fence 13 which was a ski type jump. By this time I had given up the will to live!!!!!!! :( :( :(

I then went and walked them again but could not find it in myself to do it. Just wanted to cry :(
So I went to the secretary's tent and asked if there was any way I could swap to the 80. They said yes....only problem that it was on the Sunday :(

So poor Peter, Tilly, Stan and I drove back up yesterday to do the 80. Tilly was horrid for the dressage but managed to get a 31 score so I'm thinking the judge must have been watching the ring next to us!! I then had a paddy and had to go and look at the SJ again. I really didn't want to do it. No inclination at all. I wasn't nervous or worried by anything just had no mojo at all :(

Anyway off we went got a double clear and came 3rd.

So now we are off to Stafford 90 on Friday and will not have any paddies and will ride Tilly like she deserves to be ridden. :)

Peter said I should have got the award for 'slapped ar*e to rosette in one day!!!!'

Blimey I'm not sure what is wrong with me but if I hadn't gone back yesterday I would probably have given up eventing this year!

Regional Finals in August it is hopefully :) :)

Thanks for everyones comments on my last post...it is good to know I am not alone out there!!!! :) :)

Javabb94

Visit site
I was one of secretaries - glad you had a good run!!!! I think you were in my section (J?)

I also had a good day but poor dressage let us down. We got 39 and double clear in time to finish 14th.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Ah well done! Sounds like you did what you needed to do. Obviously Skipton has rattled you more than you first thought as I usually think Eden is a fairly nice 90. You've got a good run behind you now what you both needed - onwards and upwards. And Javabb94 well done to you and Jave again! Fab achievement :)

star

Visit site
Well done for kicking on and coming 3rd. Amazing how a little blip can knock your self belief so much. Currently debating whether I can face 100's again after our blip.

TopTotty

Visit site
I remember you saying that I was in your section but I didn't realise what you meant at the time!!! Well done on your double clear :) :) Thanks sooo much for helping me out :)

Javabb94

Visit site
Thanks DarkhorseB still so happy with him! All that effort is worth it in the end. Got drumclog 90 next eek!

Well done again Jeni hopefully you'll be raring to go next time!