A late introduction

Sciath

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time lurker of the forums and while asking a question and answering maybe one or two posts on the forum realised that I never actually wrote an introduction post (go me 🫣). So here I am I have the wonderful pleasure of owning a part blind in each eye standardbred pacing mare! (Decided she was allergic to the sun after 3 months of owning her, yay!😖) We both share the same name spelt the same way! No I didn't buy her because of that it was just a bit of fate working its ways, which works out well because we both have the same personality and issues though I am yet to lose sight in my eyes they did ,however decide to put me in A&E last year with welders eye? So maybe that is to come because I don't bloody weld! 🤣 We are coming up to 4 years together in just 6 days and I'm sure there are many more to come!

Attachments

• 20240922_203656.jpg
    20240922_203656.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 5

teacups

Visit site
Welcome! That is a great photo - love it.

Congratulations on your nearly 4 year anniversary, though do hope that your eye has healed up now too. I’ve not heard of welder’s eye but it does not sound good.

Err, I have no idea how to do the profile pic…maybe someone else can help?

Sciath

New User
Visit site
Welcome! That is a great photo - love it.

Congratulations on your nearly 4 year anniversary, though do hope that your eye has healed up now too. I’ve not heard of welder’s eye but it does not sound good.

Err, I have no idea how to do the profile pic…maybe someone else can help?
Thank you 💜 and yes it cleared up after a few days of pain killers and tablets from the hospital although i did have to rock a pair of sunglasses for a good few weeks after the fact! I also had never heard of welders eye it the doc thought it the only reasonable explanation when I hadn't changed anything in my routine that I could have an allergy to.