A legend says that Allah created the Arabian horse of the wind. :D

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
A legend says that Allah created the Arabian horse of the wind.

When the horse later came to Allah and complained of thirst in the heat, sand in the nostrils and sore feet, Allah created the camel and wondered if the vain horse had preferred to look like that. The horse snorted in horror and insult.

22.gif

:D

Silverspring

Visit site
".....And Allah took a handful of south wind and from it formed a horse, saying, "I create thee, Oh Arabian. To thy forelock I bind victory in battle. On thy back I set a rich spoil, and a treasure in thy loins. I establish thee flight without wings." For a time the Arabian ran wild in the desert. Only the strongest and most intelligent, the swiftest and most disciplined survived. And then the story goes; To Ishmael, son of Abraham, Allah made a gift of the Arabian Horse. And Ishmael was the first to tame and ride him and, from that time on, the fate of the Arabian would be woven into the history of the Western World." -Ancient Bedouin Legend

Never heard the additional bit about the camel ;) some of the modern day show Arabs look rather like camels!

Arabelle

Visit site
But loh! It came to pass that a magical Arabian would mate with a Welsh pony - and thus create a right little monkey:D

And hence I am sitting here with a leg in plaster....:p

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I had only heard your version before, Silverspring, and also the legend about when the prophet Muhammad and his Arabian horses nearly died of thirst in a desert. I'm sure you've heard it but the short version for those who haven't :
When they found an oasis, all but five of his thirsty Arabian horses ran to the water and drank until they died but the five who stayed with him, was only given a few handfuls of water at a time and thus the shock of suddenly getting water, didn't get to much for their system and they survived. According to that legend, all today's Arabian horses are ancestors to those five horses who stayed with their master.

But this version, with the camel was new to me and I felt I had to share it.

htobago

Visit site
A legend says that Allah created the Arabian horse of the wind.

When the horse later came to Allah and complained of thirst in the heat, sand in the nostrils and sore feet, Allah created the camel and wondered if the vain horse had preferred to look like that. The horse snorted in horror and insult.

22.gif

LOL! Someone once famously said that 'a camel is a horse designed by a committee'...

Maybe Allah had a whole committee involved in this!

janeprince

Visit site
To be a bit pragmatic I would say that the arabian horse actually dated further back than Mohhamed and his notion of Allah. I think the islamic faith is only approx 1500 years old.

I am sure the arabian is older.

Wizbang

Visit site
This post made me laugh ... my friends Arab looks like a camel !! LOL, one of mine acts like one and another one of mine has just pranged his face and has a big old camel lump on it LOL ..!!!!!

Obviously camels and arabs have more in common that we think !!! :)