A Little Hound Update

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Big changes for us here with a house move. Ivy has handled it incredibly well with all the packing, unpacking, cleaning, back and forth between two places.

It's week 3 in the new house. She seems to like the house. Much more space for her and it's safe for her to use the stairs. She LOVES running up the stairs and running a loop around the two bedrooms (you can do a full circuit because of the slightly odd layout).

She's not keen on the 'yarden' we have and is reluctant to toilet out there (really loving my latr night spin round the block in the rain begging her to go while she's on full cat patrol with peeing being the last thing on her mind...not!). It's fair enough, the last garden was huge and had a nice lawn. This one is just concrete and dinky. She does quite like next door's cats so she's being heavily supervised when she is out there. Thankfully the cats are totally unphased by her BS so just sit and glare and hiss at her while she gets her knickers in a twist ?

Walking is a little challenging. It's a big shift of environment to somewhere much more urban. Our house is on a quiet street but most routes involve some kind of busier section. We're working it out to keep them as least challenging as possible so minimal on the busy sections. I think she's improving but really hard to watch when she's struggling. I'm working on my own anxiety as there's some dog/owner combos around I find quite intimidating. I also feel vulnerable walking at night which doesn't help.

On plus side there are apparently greyhounds and lurchers EVERYWHERE in our neighbourhood. I've never seen so many! So hopefully when she's feeling better she will make some noodle friends. We also found a fantastic secure field to hire which she loves so that was quite emotional to watch her running and bumbling about loving life after a stressful couple of weeks.

IMG-20220623-WA0002.jpeg

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
We could give the astroturf a try. Really the garden needs digging up completely to start again with repaving and a teeny tiny lawn!

Better today, it's all in the ears! They're finding more happy bouncy middle-ground between full batman mode sticking up (usually on cat patrol or similar) or pinned back (sometimes just flat because she's cheesed off about something, like rain, and sometimes crossed behind the back of her head when she's frightened).

She's capitalised on our total lack of storage and chewed a hole in one of my jumpers in one of her mad upstairs running around sprees earlier. I didn't like that jumper anyway but she may be banned from upstairs again until we can get storage sorted!