A little progress

vick

Visit site
I managed to groom and fuss my mare and her off spring today
smile.gif

Thankfully a fantastic and experienced person helped me to gain a little bit of confidence around my mare today.
She was still buck kicking at us when loose in the field, but once we had caught her (with a bucket, over the gate!) We fitted her with a chifney and managed to lead her around the field, with hardly any trauma. She was given a through grooming and lots of reasurrance. I hope to do this everyday now, and hopefully she will soon see that i mean no harm to her or the foal
smile.gif

somethingorother

Visit site
Oh i missed the post about the birth, how did everything go? Last i saw was when she was only a day or so away i think. Hope baby is ok, and i'm sure as long as you keep everything calm she will soon work out you are ok to have around the baby.

vick

Visit site
Yeh it went ok thanks, it happened in the night 2 weeks and one day ago, i got down there on the satuarday morning and there he was, little Jasper

DSC01155.jpg

hopppydi

Visit site
Ive been following this and was abit worried out it...daft i know! I am so pleased you have managed to make contact without having your head kicked in
crazy.gif
Its a difficult situation but maybe she just needs abit of time to build her trust in you back up, i bet she is a great mum!!

vick

Visit site
Thankyou, its nice to know people are interested and care...This site and the people on it kind of give me a reasurring saftey net! I was trying so hard today not to show i was nervous, while phisically shaking in my boots! lol
smile.gif