A little update on my JRT with dementia

misst

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your wise and kind thoughts.
Today I had a long chat with my vet and the decision has been made. They are coming on Monday next at lunchtime to PTS. She is not in pain and is sleeping a lot and remains fairly muddled. She will have a week of cuddles, treats, food and anything else she wants. We have decided on Monday as I am not working that day and my husband can be there too. That gives the weekend for our adult children and my elderly mum to pop in and say goodbye.
If she goes down hill before then we will do it immediately.
My dog walker has been informed and is buying her favourite treats tomorrow :). I have informed all friends and family who know her so I don't have to do it afterwards.
This week will be special.
Thank you all for the support. x

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Thinking of you, I was wondering how she was getting on. It's a brave decision but sounds like it's the right one for her. Hope she has a happy and peaceful last few days, much love xx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Sending you a hug.

We had to go the same route with our cat. Bloody awful to lose him, but better that way than him getting lost in the (massive) garden and not finding his way home.

I hope it all goes as well as these things can.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Sorry to hear this.

My friends dog has Canine Cognitive Dysfunction. Her vet offered her Anipryl but she decided not to go ahead with treatment (he is very old and it is quite expensive). She will let him go when the time is right.

You are making the right decision, but like others have said, it doesn't make it any easier I know.

SaharaS

Visit site
So sorry to hear you are going thru this..but a very brave and selfless decision. A friend of mine does paw print jewellery from casts you can take of your pets or child's paws,Lisa is just lovely and her pieces are beautiful and no pressure - look her up on fb cheeky little prints, even if you just get the casts done she stores the images for you for thw future and the kit is pennies. Have a beautiful week little one x

Berpisc

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, what a lovely time you have had with you dog all these years (looking at your previous post) and what a lucky dog she is to have you to care for her with such love.
We had to let my old mongrel terrier go on Tuseday, he was about 18 (the kids had found him in the village where he had been dumped) and was a great character. He had dementia symptoms and eventually his old legs were struggling it was time to say goodbye. So have a great few days and keep thinking of all those many good times x

misst

Visit site
Thank you everyone she has been spoiled rotten and more to come tomorrow! It is time though as she was pooing this morning and didn't even realise!!
Bless her we are just having lots of cuddles as she cannot possibly walk in the rain as she is a princess! Monday is a little way off so having a happy weekend x