A long day but worthwhile in the end!

Visit site
We ventured off to one of the worst organised shows I have been to in a long time today!

When the schedule came out the Shetland classes were to start at 9.30am. 3 days before the show they changed the timesnof everything. Nothing was starting until at least 10am and Shetlands were now Not Before 1pm. When you get a not before time you expect the classes to start within 45mins of that time. Nope. The classes didn't start until 3.20pm. Quite literally all the Shetlands were ready to go at 1pm. In the end they split a ring then they couldn't find a steward. So a kid ended up stewarding who had no idea what she was doing. None of the right rosettes were in the right boxes. It was just carnage. We got to the show at 12.30pm as there were 5 classes before outs and getting a plain black pony ready takes no time at all.

I finally got Jester into the ring at 4.05pm and he was very bored by then! He was a good boy and won his class. More hanging about whilst we waited for the rest of the classes to finish. Back in for the championships and Jester duly won the Standard Championship and then went on to be Overall Shetland Pony Champion. This then meant we went into the Supreme of Show. We may as well! We were the last classes of the day so going back in for 1 more spin was no issue.

Bless him Jester was pooped by then but he still managed to pull it out of the bag to be Reserve Supreme of the Show and won a rosette bigger than his head.

Then things annoyed me again. The judges handed out the rosettes and sashes and walked out of the ring. The lean rein that went Supreme just walked out of the ring. No lap of honour. Nothing. So I went for a lap myself! No one but the photographer was watching as everyone just wanted to go home by that point. I left the ring just after 5.20pm.

Jester still has a long way to go before he even begins to get back into my vaguely good books. But he is now going to head out with some mares for a couple of months so no more shows til August for him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-210303_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-210303_Gallery.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220529-210310_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-210310_Gallery.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 95