A lot has happened in the last 9 years, proper update from me

Pidgeon

Visit site
So plenty has happened since I was properly on here, so here is a bit of a summary of what has happpened, with some pictures too......

2015 - Last year I was on HHO, Pidge got diagnosed with Cushings and I thought that was the end for him. Went through lots of different feeds before finally finding feed he would eat and he didn’t look like a hat rack!

Been a year in December since I got Stan, my JRT x Patterdale x Border Terrier and he wormed his way into all the families hearts.

2016 – Achieved with help from my sister and parents, a childhood dream, to buy a house with land for the horses towards the end of the year.oct 2016.jpg

2017 – Small yard created from part of the fields, oh to have running water and electric again, bliss! The three Amigos - Sunny, Pidge and Bonnie.2017.jpg

2018 – After Beast from the East swept in and we got snowed in, I was so glad to have the horses at home and that I didn't need to travel to get to them!

It was then so nice spending time with the horses in the nice weather.

2018.jpg

2019 – Covid hits and I started working full time from home. Feel very lucky to have the horses at home when friends on full livery can’t even see theirs.

2019.jpg

2021 – Thanks to some great lads, old boundary cleared of old stock fencing and rubbish, and just over 100 tree saplings planted.

End of the summer had a freak accident jumping Pidge and broke my right wrist badly, resulting in emergency surgery and titanium plate inserted. Last time we jumped together
2021.jpg

2022 – I took voluntary redundancy from work as wanted to spend more time with my parents as Covid made me realise how quickly time goes.

End of one chapter beginning of another abruptly stopped when we lost Sunny, my sisters heart horse. My heart broke twice, once for losing Sunny and seeing Pidge lose his soul mate of 17 years.

2022.png

2023 – Stan loves the freedom of having a couple of acres to mooch around.
2023.jpg

2024 – Last set of hind shoes for Pidge, as his stringhalt was just making it too uncomfortable for him, flex hoof boots purchased so we can continue hacking and going over Cannock Chase.

Attachments

• 2022 2.jpg
    2022 2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2018 2.jpg
    2018 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2017 2.jpg
    2017 2.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 30

Pidgeon

Visit site
What a rollercoaster of an update!

So sorry to hear you lost Sunny. The good ones always go too soon.

I hope your wrist is doing ok.

I think COVID has given a lot of people a different perspective on life for sure.

Love the photos. Looks like a gorgeous little farm.
Thanks, yes proper rollercoaster these last few years. Wrist, touch wood is fine. Sunny was definitely taken too soon. Pidge is I think looking good as he will be 27 next week.Screenshot_20240330_212012_Gallery.jpg

Lexi 123

Visit site
Lovely update sorry for your loss I personally didn’t see you on horse and hound I didn’t get my first horse until summer 2018

Pidgeon

Visit site
Fab picture, you wouldn't think he's 27!
This was last week, he'll be 27 on Wednesday. I know, I'm very lucky to have him, but I have excellent support with vet, farrier, feed merchants, chiro, saddle fitter and my family. He doesn't owe me anything so he gets whatever he needs now.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Pidge looks amazing for a 27 year old with Cushings. He is a credit to you. Do you have him on prascend?
Thanks you, yes he's been on one tablet am and pm for many years, but touch wood is stable on that dose. We keep an eye on his clinical signs and he gets blood tested every now and again. Expensive but oh so worth every penny

Pidgeon

Visit site
What a lovely story - despite all the ups and downs - and fabulous pictures.
Thanks, definitely been a rollercoaster, but that's horses for you isn't it. So many pictures to choose from but this was kind of a good sample.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Lovely update sorry for your loss I personally didn’t see you on horse and hound I didn’t get my first horse until summer 2018
Ah I'd been on here for about 10 years, but forgot my password so couldn't get on. Hope you enjoy seeing pics of my ginger OAP who is growing old disgracefully.

Pidgeon

Visit site
That’s the dream isn’t it!
I’d be happy in a caravan on my own little patch with happy horses outside.
Yep absolutely. Am very lucky as it's part of an old converted pub so main bit goes back to 1840. Rural but got neighbours and only 5mins from the edge of town, perfect. You'd love it here

Pidgeon

Visit site
Lovely to see an update and Pidge looks really well. I used to enjoy reading your posts back in the day.
Thanks, I really rhought it was the end when he got cushings, but he's a tough Irish boy so still keeps me on my toes.