A lovely car driver .....

quirky

Visit site
Yesterday, I was out on my young(ish) mare, who isn't normally phased by anything.

There's always a first time :eek:.

So, out on my own, pootling along, she stops dead after spotting a big coil of blue pipe in a field, in her defence, it was right next to the road.
I could feel her heart banging beneath me, she really wasn't happy :(.

After trying again to pass it, she turned tail but I managed to stop her.

The next car that came along, I managed to stop him and asked him if he would stop in front of it so she couldn't see it ;). We gave it a good try but she was still having none of it, so I thanked him and waved him on.

Luckily the road was quiet, so I just sat it out reassuring her until she felt brave enough to pass :cool:, which she did after a short while :)

So, hats off to that driver who was kind enough to put his Merc between blue pipe and a scared horse :D

Anybody else been pleased by a helpful passer by, even if there help was in vain :eek:?

Batgirl

Visit site
Not a car driver but a lovely pedestrian lead my friend and her horse through a stream, she had lead him through before but she was trying to get through on top and he got soaked bless him :)

I was useless, on top of my 17hh monster who was stood in the stream trying to give him a lead, practically rolling his eyes at him :D

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Have had helpful passer by offer to lead me on pony- he was scared of a dog which crossed road and just planted. Quite embarrassed i was as he was my first pony 12hh back from loan home and i was 17! I didn't take help as he was being a t*t and i refused to give in to him and i did win after some reversing!

Feathered

Visit site
I had a guy stop and give me a leg up once when I was milling around struggling to get back on after doing a gate.

I think he might have just wanted a face full of jodphur clad arse but hey ho ;)

Flame_

Visit site
A very kind tanker driver waited behind us for ages yesterday until there was a verge, started to pass really slowly, stopped immediately when my horse went to bits and chucked a wobbler, even though we were still on the verge not in his way, then when I tried to go past him instead and horse said "no chance", turned his engine off and waited until we were well past. I hope he saw my thank you gestures because it was much appreciated and stopped my horse causing himself to have a bad experience.

Horse is in the sin bin and has been walked backwards and forwards past his horsebox tonight. :D

MissSBird

Visit site
I was hacking along the road one day and there was a crumbled cone (someone hit that HARD) laying in the grass verge half hidden. My normally calm pony freaked, and point blank refused to go past it. Then a tractor came from behind. The driver immediatly clocked I was having a problem and stopped. Manged to get B to the side of the road then waved tractor past, immediatly trotted and used it to get a lead past the squashed cone!

Yes, my incredibly smart pony. The huge big tractor which could easily crush us is fine, but a squashed traffic cone, deadly!

Nosey

Visit site
I remember getting a leg up from a kind walker years ago going hunting. I'd got off but my new breeches were too tight to remount.....most embarrassing!

lhotse

Visit site
I took my young arab out for a hack yesterday and decided to make for the bridleway that starts on a fairly busy road. Sunday afternoon and it was very busy!! For a green horse, she is excellent in traffic, not phased by lorries or motorbikes. However, the poor taxi driver who was overtaking us wide and slow must have nearly had a heart attack when the stupid woman coming the opposite way just didn't slow down. He held his line though, and did not cut back into me, instead, the woman ended up on the verge. I thanked him and he just put his hand up, smiled, and put his eyes to heaven. She just glared, not as if she couldn't have seen me. Two young kids in the back too.
So thankyou Mr Taxi Man for being considerate in the first instance, and putting me before your car!!