A near disaster and an update on my young stallion

1ST1

Visit site
Well, we had the national championships on Saturday. The weather was quite hot (about 28 degrees) but overcast. Then, in the afternoon, just before the children's class was supposed to begin, the sky got darker and darker. We were expecting rain to begin at any minute. But instead we had an incredible hailstorm! I have never seen anything like this in my life. The hailstones were like walnuts. All the poor riders in the warm-up fell from their horses, there were horses running like mad everywhere. Noone was hurt luckily, but it could have been much worse.
Somebody managed to take a short video of the carnage:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152451518654875&set=vb.505994874&type=2&theater

Meanwhile, my lovely stallion is going from strength to strength. He is nearly always placed in shows now and also quite established in terms of dressage (he mastered the three- and two-tempis and can do half steps and a working pirouette).
My husband did not compete in the nationals as the category system in our country does not allow it, but they competed in other classes and came 3rd twice and 5th once. They had only one fence down in three classes (and this was due to my husband taking a very short turn). All in all, we are very very pleased with the cute polar bear and his progress:
A pic from the prize-giving in the 125 cm class at the weekend (in much nicer weather fortunately ;) )
AhagarO3080du3080lTo3080reni_zps3ff10e62.jpg

And the video of another (125 cm) class the weekend before:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=804611559567855&set=vb.100000570542456&type=2&theater

Some photos from the same class:
DSC00024_zps21106b2a.jpg

DSC00025_zpsc13335c3.jpg

Thanks for reading.

1ST1

Visit site
Vickijay and LJR, thank you both very much :)
And I have just now realized that I have put the wrong link and that the video is not from last weekend but actually from last month! Sorry :eek:, but I think it does not matter as it gives you the idea :D

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Lovely horse (and presumably husband!). He makes a truly wonderful shape over a fence (horse, not necessarily husband :0)

1ST1

Visit site
Thank you all for your nice comments, he is my pride and joy and I think he is adorable (not that I am biased :p).
If everything goes according to plan, he will be making his 140 cm debut towards the end of this season. I will certainly be posting updates to bore you with how gorgeous he is :D