A new horse sport - mud skiing

Supertrooper

Visit site
Invented by my horse just this very morning - how it works :p take one naughty shire x, walk said horse out to field. Horse decides halfway that wants to go into a different field so whips round and canters the other way, human determined not to let go so goes skiing through mud! It was fun but had to let go as didn't really fancy a mud pack :rolleyes:

Do you think it could take off (needless to say horse was caught, told off and put in right field - he was also threatened with no breakfast but I gave in, cause I love him even when he's bad :D) xx

NWalker

Visit site
I tried that today but my horse decided to try add another discipline to the sport - "owner crushing". This involves trying to bolt through a narrow gate, with owner hanging on, at the same time as his stablemate. I now have very sore ribs!!

Supertrooper

Visit site
I tried that today but my horse decided to try add another discipline to the sport - "owner crushing". This involves trying to bolt through a narrow gate, with owner hanging on, at the same time as his stablemate. I now have very sore ribs!!

Oww, poor you - that doesn't sound fun. Hope you arn't so sore soon xxx

mil1212

Visit site
lol, this sounds like me every evening, I bring 3 in at the same time as I can't leave 1 on his own, so I ski along behind them just about hanging on! I too sometime crash into the fencing as my driving skills aren't great :D

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I've done that before, also with a Shire!
My hobbies also include cross-country dancing - usually done while walking with dogs in a wood- and under water walking - you don't quite need a nose-clip but you certainly need a good pair of boots.

polopony

Visit site
Haha! My sport is a cross between mud skiing and a torture rack - the bank we have to walk up to the field gate is like a mud track at the moment and as I take two horses out at once, it can be difficult. I have a very forward going TB in my left hand pulling me up the bank into his field and a very weary 32yo in my right hand dragging me backwards down the bank so she can stay where she is, eating the grass in my gran's garden! It's like doing the splits, ouch!