A numpty's showing questions - another 'which class' thread!

Denbob

Visit site
Total 'out and about' novice so apologies in advance for the barrage of questions. With possible potential to do some things next summer and perhaps some fun shows over the winter months (urgh, winter) I'm just wondering which classes D could be entered in? Once he's jumping I'd like to tackle some working hunter but in the meantime what would suit his build? He's 16.1hh, haven't measured bone but have attached a picture.

received_2193785677336318.jpeg

Attire wise - I am now in possession of a tweed jacket which is long enough in the arms, and does up around my blasted boobs. Yay! However I haven't the faintest what to wear with it. For in hand, he has dark legs so light trousers? Or because of his socks should I wear dark? Tie or stock? What colour with green? I know brown tack is technically correct and I am waiting till he outgrows his current one and then will be looking at going brown!

TIA!

conniegirl

Visit site
Always a tie with a tweed jacket for showing, Does your jacket have an overcheck on it? I tend to pick out the colour of the overcheck for the tie. My green tweed for example has a red and a burnt orange overcheck so I have a red tie.
inhand go for light trousers.

I'd pop him in a hunter class or a sports horse class if there are any. You can also do the generic classes like ridden horse (not to be confused with riding horse).

mcnaughty

Visit site
I'd say riding horse/riding club horse (but you might have to jump a little jump) ridden hunter. Tweed is good for all of those classes. Take a look at Equinational or First Class images for turnout tips.