A&P calm and condition

Michelle1109

Visit site
Hello
I’d like me to hear people’s views on this feed

Just started feeding it to my mare and I feel it’s fizzed her up, I’m on the fence as the feed she was getting before was a low energy low starch and low sugar feed
So it could be that she is feels stronger with a bit extra sass

She has gained condition held her weight as generally looks fab it seems to really suit her

It’s early days but 100% she has gained condition
I’m just waiting to see is this fizz is controllable, gets worse or it’s just her feeling stronger in a better way

I’d be interested to here others experience with it

Bernster

Visit site
Have heard the same, that it can send some a bit loopy. Am just moving penny off it as I prefer a lower sugar, starch and protein feed. For extra condition, or weight gain, I’d go for adding linseed or oil. I’d feed a good low sugar and starch hard feed for digestible energy, with plenty of forage.

Michelle1109

Visit site
Have heard the same, that it can send some a bit loopy. Am just moving penny off it as I prefer a lower sugar, starch and protein feed. For extra condition, or weight gain, I’d go for adding linseed or oil. I’d feed a good low sugar and starch hard feed for digestible energy, with plenty of forage.

She was on ease and excel but she didn’t hold the weight

gallopingby

Visit site
I fed it to a couple of my novice ponies a few years ago just before Christmas, and it was like ? rocket fuel! Quickly changed their feed and the outside turned away ponies finished the bag. Haven’t touched it since as further investigation suggested it Had done the same to others. I went back to using readimash.

Michelle1109

Visit site
Mmmmmm right seems as though it is rocket fuel as so many different places have said the same thing

She’s just coming off rest from an infection so she can have to help build back up
Then back to a low energy/starch/sugar feed

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I used to point people to Saracens conditioning cubes in the shop if that's any help, Michelle. I've not been so sure about the company recently (re. response to a problem with their Re-leve feed) but the conditioning and "show improver" cubes were very popular with customers.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Another one that I pointed at for fibre based building up was Dengie Healthy Tummy.

It's been a few years now though so info is probably a little dated.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I suppose it depends on how much your feeding, I have fed it to one of my Arabs in the past but he got a very small amount not scoops of it like they recommend, but having 2 Arabs I find they can get silly on too much of any hard feed really even low starch and I never feed any molassed feed! If your horse is looking and feeling well cut the feed back, just because the feed company says feed this amount doesn't mean you have to.