A & P Ride and Relax??

Sambo

Visit site
Hi, I use Ride & Relax - how far in advance can it be made up? For example can it be made up at night for the next days feed? So left made up for 24 hours? It takes 10 mins to soak, but in the mornings I need to give feed straight away and make up the night before as Sam takes a while to eat and I need to be as quick as poss in the mornings?

I wasnt sure if it needs to be used striaght after soaking or if its like speedibeet which also is 10 mins and can be made up by the bucket and scooped out?

Crazy Friesian

www.stablepeople.co.nr
Not sure about that one. When I used it, I used to use warm water - if that is an option.It absorbs the water immediately.

I now use AnP FF which also soaks up v quickly using warm water.

I probably wouldn't make it up by the bucket as I am guessing it is better fed the "fresher" the better...

FlashyP

Visit site
My mare has A & P Calm and Condition and I often make her feeds up two days in advance, without any problem. I would only do it while the weather is at fridge temperature though :)

Sambo

Visit site
For anyone who might be interested A&P have said:
Dear Kirsty,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

It is fine to make the Ride & Relax the night before you want to use it, or in the morning to feed that night. Because the feed contains vitamins and minerals, I would not recommend leaving the feed any longer than this, as the nutritional integrity of the feed may be compromised.

Although on the bag of the bag, we do state to soak the Ride & Relax for a period of 10 minutes, there is no ingredients that need soaking as such. If you well dampen the Ride & Relax and let it stand for a few minutes before feeding, this will be fine, as long as your horse does not have a history of choking.