A picture from the past

ArklePig

Visit site
Me aged about 7 after winning a lead rein competition with the lovely Gwen. He belonged to a friend of a friend who didn't have a jockey. He once reared me off cause some eejit opened a huge gold umbrella in his face, but a good boy none the less. A bit depressing looking back at how fearless I was as a child and now being an adult basically learning from scratch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123_114856.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123_114856.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 39

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Me aged about 7 after winning a lead rein competition with the lovely Gwen. He belonged to a friend of a friend who didn't have a jockey. He once reared me off cause some eejit opened a huge gold umbrella in his face, but a good boy none the less. A bit depressing looking back at how fearless I was as a child and now being an adult basically learning from scratch.

Lovely picture

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Oh wow, he is just gorgeous Pinkvboots!

This is me being a princess, with ancient and stubborn old Lightning. In the days where a small child riding bareback without a hat wasn’t all that unusual ? I survived, clearly but still!

View attachment 63834

You actually look like a princess with that lovely blonde hair:)

Pippity

Visit site
My first riding lesson off the lead rein, riding Major at Bowfield Country Club near Paisley, in the early 1980s. I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a hat, even though it's lost in my bowl cut! It would have been a black velvet one, maybe with some elastic under the chin, that I picked myself from a wall of similarly battered ones.

1611410265392.png

Baywonder

Visit site
1993, and nine year old Scats takes a warmblood to the beach...

Lovely photo @scats!

When I was about the same age, I went on holiday to Devon with my parents and I pleaded with them to book me on a beach ride at the local stables. The day arrived, and my parents waited in the car outside the stables for the ride to leave the yard. My poor (non-horsey) mum nearly had a heart attack when I emerged, grinning from ear to ear, on this HUGE grey horse! Dad wasn't fazed at all, and I had a whale of a time! :D I still remember it like it was yesterday!

Visit site
My sister found some old pictures and sent me this one of me with Arabi at a show 13 years ago so he was 4, he won the Arab in hand class then we got supreme champion and they put our picture in the Essex rider.

So let's see your pictures from the past.View attachment 63832
Lovely pic. What an exquisite horse.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Twould have been one of my first few riding lessons aged 3/4 (so circa 2000), pony was called Tuppence (her mum Sixpence is the grey in the corner). Funnily enough she was also the pony who I did my first ever XC round on at age 8/9!
85DE3E36-EA23-4046-B030-CA10CD778E99.jpeg

Then this is my first pony, Aero, about 10yrs ago. I would have been about 13/14 here, and I think it was one of my first 90cm SJ rounds on him. I sold him shortly after this was taken. Right decision at the time, but he’s a pony I’d love to have had a second chance with, with an instructor I didn’t meet until a few years later. He was a stubborn and nappy little monkey, but actually very talented and would have made a cracking hunter!
4E1ED70E-1463-434D-B4E9-776EE86946D2.jpeg

J&S

Visit site
34 years ago and probably more than 2 stone lighter! NF mare bought as an unbroken 4 yr old and kept all her life. She was ridden by three generations of family riders. They have broken the mould for this one.

Attachments

• webmail.johnlewisbroadband.jpg
    webmail.johnlewisbroadband.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 33

Lexi_

Visit site
Me and Midge, most trustworthy, aged saint of a pony at the riding school I went to for years.

When I was a bit older I rode ponies for a lady who did a bit of dealing and it turned out she was Midge’s owner and he had been the most amazing 12.2 BSJA superstar in his youth! He was a lovely, lovely pony.

179E47B8-059E-41EF-BC5C-6B47D3E6E52D.jpeg