A positive livery yard post!

05troyd

Visit site
Now I know the weather is rubbish but there are so many negative posts about liveries and yards. I just wanted to say I love my yard it's a small DIY everyone is friendly and helps each other out. The yard owners are great don't interfere unless it's something serious but if there is ever a problem it's fixed immediately. And even in this horrendous weather the school is 90% usable. Bit of a pointless post but just wanted to say the perfect yard is out there! So does anyone else love their yard and yard owners?

Doe

Visit site
Nice to see a positive thread :)

I am on a small yard too, mostly full livery, but I am DIY. All the people are so genuine and kind, truly the best yard I have ever been on. Can't think of a bad word to say about the yard or the people.

Greylegs

Visit site
Love mine too. It's a biggish yard with very good facilities including an indoor school so we get to ride pretty much all the time although the turnout is a bit muddy at the mo, understandably. Still, my boy gets out for a few hours every day, the people are all lovely, YO couldn't be more helpful and goes out of her way to try to accommodate everyone's varied needs. Wish it were a bit nearer home, but it's worth the drive.

Kikke

Visit site
honestly can't complain.
All the school are usable.
Yes there is mud but minimal standing water and all the horses are still turned out like normal.
There is a nice atmosphere, sure there is always something to complain but seriously can't complain at all!

Mince Pie

Visit site
Me! Lovely little part livery yard, school only flooded once in this monsoon! Horses having to stay in but our fields are very steep and we're on clay so would rather not risk a broken leg (human or horse!), YO very capable but also very welcoming and slightly bonkers.

skint1

Visit site
Great to see some positive posts! And the sun is shining! (North Wilts)
I too am a lucky one who has a good yard, certainly the YO/YM are pretty good. Some of the liveries can be a bit challenging at times but thankfully its easy enough to avoid them until the urge to smash them in the face with a broom passes :)

DunDally

Visit site
Love my yard too. 8 liveries with 14 horses between us (plus YO's horses). Everyone is lovely, we all get on and help each other out. YO is amazing. We have an indoor school and an outdoor school that hasn't flooded once. The horses are still out every day. Can't imagine being anywhere else.

pistolpete

Visit site
Had a lovely walk//hack today with the only other livery at my yard. Had a really constructive chat with YO about managing my newly barefoot horse due back from Rockley Farm in three weeks. I am happy too. Let's hear it for happy horse owners! We do exist!

olivia x

Visit site
I could not be more happy with my livery yard. Excellent and thorough and knowledgeable care of horses, mixed in with a lot of affection for each one, very laid back and pleasant people so far.

LeannePip

Visit site
i love my yard too - Part Livery; horse is looked after as i would legs washed when necessary, school is 100% useable, still getting them at nearly every day, and fields are looking good despite this weather :)

_GG_

Visit site
Now I know the weather is rubbish but there are so many negative posts about liveries and yards. I just wanted to say I love my yard it's a small DIY everyone is friendly and helps each other out. The yard owners are great don't interfere unless it's something serious but if there is ever a problem it's fixed immediately. And even in this horrendous weather the school is 90% usable. Bit of a pointless post but just wanted to say the perfect yard is out there! So does anyone else love their yard and yard owners?

I remember posting something very similar last year. Can't say the same now but left on good terms....I am utterly crap at telling people when they upset me, lol

wyrdsister

Visit site
Yep, love my yard. It's huge, mostly DIY, but runs remarkably well. The school is still useable & even in the worst of the wet we're getting at least a few hours turn out every day, plus access to the walker. The staff are great and there's support there whenever needed :)

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Have to add to this as i absolutely love the yard im on at the moment :) wonderful, friendly and helpful people. When oreo recently went down with colic, people stayed to help in any way they could, even just to keep me company in the cold, of which i was extremely grateful :). Plus i knew if i needed anyone in particular (e.g. if she needed trailering) i had people i could count on no matter the time, truly a blessing and one worry that was off my mind. I've had such fun there as well going on group hacks and egging each other on jumping :D

Makes me rather depressed thinking that after this last semester at uni i will most probably have to leave :(. It's not just the facilities that make a good livery yard (although these are very good!) but the people.

RhaLoulou

Visit site
I thought I was the only one who loved my livery yard! We are at a small yard mostly full liveries with excellent (well drained) facilities. My two old girls have turn out everyday and are generally spoiled rotten. It's lovely I don't have to worry about them when I am away and we have plenty of time for riding!

pinball

Visit site
love the farm I'm at it's the only place that would take my anti social horse,the farmer is great,i was there last night when they were out and the horse was lame so I went up this morning and he was still stiff so took for a quick graze and put him back in got a call an hour later off them asking as I had my nephews funeral yesterday did they want me to put him in the small paddock if I couldn't cope they are the best xx

MouseInLux

Visit site
I love mine. We're all full livery. We only have an indoors school at the moment as our outside is being re footed as it used to constantly flood, we still have turnout even in the wet and best of all the people are so helpful! I have babysitters for my two little ones and people are more than happy to change blankets for me if I have to leave before pony is cool after a hard lesson :)

olivia x

Visit site
:eek: And..I love mine even more!
Mare was barging around at the mounting block, and one of the yard workers came when I asked to hold her and my stirrup as we got on. Yard worker distracted the mare with a bite of carrot and she was good. Wonderful yard worker said to be sure to ask someone to hold her when I am mounting, it is no bother to them as it only takes 30 seconds, and after a few times, the mare will have learned the good habit of standing still. :)