A question for LWP Users

clairec1154

Visit site
Had my first delivery of wood pellets today and had to unload them by hand as the delivery guy couldn't pull the pallet off the lorry
grin.gif

Half of the bags broke, is this normal? (I know the basic packaging is to keep the cost down)

On a plus side, either LWP or my local delivery firm included a chocolate orange and a big bar of chocolate
wink.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
I didn't get any chocolate
frown.gif

The bags shouldn't be damaged, out of 100 bags I maybe have in the past had 3 or 4 that had slight holes in them and a few loose pellets.
The delivery people offload the pallet here to just outside the door where I am loading into.

*Tottles off to complain to LWP for not sending me any choc*

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I have the 15kg bags atm, & a few of them are breaking open as i lift them out.

Poor you having to unload them off the wagon, it's my worst nightmare. I had a really old frail guy deliver mine last time, so i ended up having to help pull & shove the pallet truck with him nearly killed me lol.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I had to have mine chucked off the truck onto the floor - about 6' drop as the lorry didn't have anything to lower the pallet. I had 15k sacks (1000 k) and only two split, which was ok as they went straight into the stable.

I suppose the chocolate helped with the annoyance of the bags breaking.

I love LWP - have had Chancer on them six weeks and Farra went on them last week and so far they are every bit as good as megazorb and I am saving £12 - £15 a week on bedding for them compared to what I spent last year.

dwi

Visit site
I've only had one delivery of wood pellets so far but I arrived at the yard that evening to find them stacked up against the wall for me. I'd expect them to be able to get them off the lorry, surely that's part of being a delivery driver?

Out of all my bags I've so far only had two with a small hole in, I'd send feedback that you weren't impressed about the bags splitting.

clairec1154

Visit site
Thats great at least I know it isn't a normal problem. I think the delivery guy might have actually been the problem, as he took them off the pallet and put them on the tail gate for me.

I am hoping that after moving a ton of wood pellets I have lost the 4lb to get to my weight watches target (he he but with the chocolate I don't expect so as it tastes SO NICE, it's been far to long!!)

Theresa_F - I am changing from Megazorb, as I was using 10 bags a week for the 3 boys (I have a very messy yearling!) and I couldn't afford £62.00 a week just on bedding, my OH was begining to freak!!!!

Still a little concerned about "dust" as I tried aquamax last year and it got very dry in the summer even with a daily watering. Dunster the yearling tends to roll in the bed as well as being very dirty and Robbie also likes a good sleep and tends to attact the bedding in this eyes. Yogi the old boy doesn't lie down so not an issue.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I only had one delivery from LWP then changed to Corley Bio Fuels as had about a dozen split bags in a tonne order (67x 15kg). Plus they sent 15kg bags rather than the 10kg bags I ordered. The Corley pellets come in much stronger bags and having had 3 orders from them am yet to have a split bag.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I am so far finding it every bit as good as megazorb for Farra who is a very big piddly girl and between my two, I will be saving about £15 a week on bedding. The dust is fine, if the bed gets very dry, I just sprinkle the hose over it and that does the trick.

I have my two on very thick porous mats and started with 5 15k bags so I have a bed about 3 - 4" deep over half the stable and do use about two bags a week to top up but mine are in a fair big and are big grubby types. If I had them out more and less piddly, I would probably only need 1 x 15 k bag a week.

Hope it works for you, I personally love this bedding and would not go back to shavings and though did like megazorb, I was using about £15 a week worth as Farra got through two bags a week.

Reashi

Visit site
I find the top of the bags are very easy to break open if the weight of the wood pellets goes to that end, so I always try and carry them so that 1) I'm not holding the top in case it breaks open, and 2) the weight of the wood pellets is not resting along that seam. However, it does make it easier to open when you get to the stable
grin.gif
!

As far as dust goes I find it fantastic! Its like cat litter, I haven't come across any dust even though the bed looks like a giant dust pile!

My delivery driver was fantastic, he pulled the pallet using the pump truck to where I wanted it, with me pushing from behind due to the slight hill! I was his last delivery of the day bless him at 3pm, he had been at work since 5am! No chocolate though
frown.gif