A Rolex Grand Slam musing...

amage

Visit site
So William Fox-Pitt is on target with two four star wins and if he won Badminton he gets the bonus which should have been awarded this year. What happens if Andrew wins 2013 Kentucky....only one of the two could win Badders yet technically both are in line for two seperate Grand Slams so what happens? Assuming Andrew wins Kentucky would they then award the GS if to both if they finished 1st &2nd? Or perhaps do something like put in place an extra SJ round to win the GS...after competition if it were the case that both were eligible build a new SJ track and they have to jump clear to win the money?! I know odds are long that both will be eligible but like I said I was musing...

welshstar

Visit site
I'd imagine that it would just be ran as normal as it will just let the inevitable take its course. If AN won badminton after kentucky then he would 'take' the grand slam from WFP but this would have happened anyway as I'm sure all riders would be gunning to win it regardless if that makes any sense?

amage

Visit site
I'd imagine that it would just be ran as normal as it will just let the inevitable take its course. If AN won badminton after kentucky then he would 'take' the grand slam from WFP but this would have happened anyway as I'm sure all riders would be gunning to win it regardless if that makes any sense?

But how can AN take it because WFP is eligible for the 2011/2012 GS whereas AN would be eligible for the 2012/2013 one so essentially while both jumping the same grand slam final they are not actually eligible for the same Grand Slam. As my oh put it had William won burghley again and then Kentucky again then technically he would be competing for 500k in Badminton rather than 250k because he would be competing for two grand slams

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
The grandslam is continuous ie. if badders (god forbid) got cancelled the next 2 years then WFP would still be in line for it as it would be the next consecutive badders from the kentucky and burghley he won. There is the possibility that AN could well win Kentucky and also be in line for the grandslam but only the one that Wins is eligible. So if Andrew won at Kentucky and then someone completely different won Badders next year both WFP and AN wouldn't get the grandslam. Yes it is unusual for two riders to be eligible at the final event in the run but it was purely due to the cancellation.