A sad post

Spudlet

Visit site
A terrible thing has happened in the Hoppy household.... Henry has finally destroyed his last toy
crazy.gif

It was a rubber chicken with a squeaky that cost a few quid and has lasted since I got Henry... this evening he was playing with him and I noticed he was chewing at its feet with some gusto, so took it off him to have a look and realised that he had almost chewed its toe off
frown.gif

Mr Squeaky Chicken has now been taken away and Henry looks like I have just stolen all his Christmas and birthday presents
frown.gif
He keeps lookig for him, then running back to me to see if I have found him yet
crazy.gif

Please join me in raising a glass to Mr Squeaky Chicken - you served us well.
d020.gif

Guess what I'll be shopping for tomorrow....

Patches

Visit site
RIP Mr Squeaky Chicken.
frown.gif

I have just bought some toys for Harvey. So far we have a fluffy duck (ooo-er that's my slang for a naughty word too!), a fluffy pheasant, a cuddly floppy fluffy dog, a Kong Wubba and a Kong mini bone.

I wonder how long that lot will last?

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
When we first got Otto we bought him a fluffy duck, a fluffy pheasant and a blue cordouroy dog. All are still alive and well, although the birds did suffer from gangrene and had to have their feet amputated, and the dog made the mistake of insulting Otto's mum, so had his nose chewed off, but they patched up fine and are still with us
grin.gif

However the more recently bought toys had limbs savagely torn off
shocked.gif
mainly because they were shoddily made cak that fell apart when Otto looked at them funny.

He is the only dog I know that just doesn't chew his teddies, occasionally he will pull something off, but never actually chew. Now if it is rubber or plastic and bone shaped, he will gnaw to his hearts content.

RIP Squeaky Chicken
frown.gif

(Oh, and I was going to PM you but can't be bothered now, the PM fandango was a complete fabrication. 'Twas as suspected, the titles were visable but not the content, apart from of couple of exceptions!)

Spudlet

Visit site
Henmeister - quel surprise
grin.gif
Thanks for letting me know though - I had nothing more inflammatory than a phone number in mine but I would have still felt responsible if eejits had got hold of it!

I'm afraid Mr Fluffy Duck lost a foot early on, and since I never found it I believe Henry ate it
blush.gif
crazy.gif
His Kong Wubba lasted about 2 weeks as well, and Mr Grunty Piggy made it about a month
tongue.gif

MAX - BAD DOG
mad.gif
mad.gif

Goya

Visit site
RIP Mr Squeaky chicken.
Skye, in particular sends her condolences as this toy is her absolute favourite of all her toys. Skye says (or should I say--barks) "My deepest sympathy to Henry at the loss of his toy. Please tell his Mum to go get another PDQ"

MurphysMinder

Visit site
RIP Mr Squeaky chicken. Buffy too sends her condolences to Henry. She had a much loved Mr Squeaky chicken who was desqueaked early in his life but livedmany a year. Like you I suddenly discovered he was missing part of a limb and he had to be dispatched.There must be a whole family of them in squeaky chicken heaven.

IMG_0614.jpg

(Any excuse to post a piccy
wink.gif
)

fmay

Visit site
One of our Border Terriers has phantom pregnancies and 'adopts' a soft toy to baby. This toy is carried around and loved until the phantom is over - and then it has the stuffing ripped out of it
laugh.gif
shocked.gif

numptynoelle

Visit site
A very sad RIP to all squeaky chickens/teddies etc that have passed from our lives!

I'd like to add "Thyme-y Tim" to the list - an unimaginatively named thyme plant bought to replace "Basil" the basil plant who was cruelly munched by a spangle
mad.gif
"Thyme-y Tim" has, alas, suffered the same fate - for a dog who is not really one for stealing food, she's done rather well over the last few weeks. Poo this morning is...fragrant, to say the least!
blush.gif