A saddle how much? You know you luv 'em!

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I'm going to put my saddle on Ebay tonight and want to sell it quick as I don't have another one to ride in and need some £££ to get another hopefully this weekend before my dressage test on Sunday!!!

I was going to add a Buy it Now to it. It's an Olney Saddlery close contact saddle with eventing tendancy. Made within the last 10 years, 18" seat, Black but leather on flaps has faded to a blacky-brown color. I bought it 2nd hand for £450 in December, completely reflocked in March and it was checked over by a master saddler at the same time. Medium to medium wide in fitting but would only suit a high withered horse with decent shoulders, no round cobs!

Is £100- £150 a good price to stick on it for ebay? It;s comfy but just doesn't fit the Hatster!

melaniemarks

Visit site
i would advise against buy it now as you may end up doin yourself out of some cash. let the auction run. Your price of £100-150 seems a little cheap mate. Maybe you'd be better off starting at around £99 and see where it goes. Just make sure you have some good photos and give an honest description. I just sold a fairly old Albion, which had faded in parts but got £210 for it. There seems to be a big market in Finland at the mo for buying saddles from Ebay. !!

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I've checked the endning prices of Olneys and none have sold
frown.gif

melaniemarks

Visit site
Big up the good points, ie the ones you mentioned in your OP. If all else fails would your local saddler take it in PX? I must say not heard of Olneys, but wouldn't have thought that'll put people off. Maybe start the bidding quite low but put a reserve on of what you think its worth.