A Scrappy update!

cblover

Visit site
Hi everyone, we're now 7 months down the line from bringing home our clydesdale filly. I had little faith she would even survive the journey home but thankfully she did. Skin and bone, riddled with lice and feeling very sorry for herself poor little scrappy.

What a totally different story we have now though and I couldn't be more proud of her and us for rescuing her. Her bum is about 15hh now and she's all fluff and fur. lol I wasn't sure what colour she would be under her winter coat but she's a lovely bright bay with plenty plashes of white. Her nature is second to none and very calm and gentle for a yearling but her feet being picked up still worry her. Plenty to work on with her but we're not rushing at all.

From this......

To this!

Very satisfying to have come this far. She's getting used to the farrier now, all her vaccinations are up to date, worm counts are clear and her teeth have been done recently for the first time. I think we're out of the woods now! lol

Zero00000

Visit site
I love seeing your updates 😊

She is a gorgeous girl, turning into a beauty, your very lucky, as is she for finding you

cblover

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement over the last few months. She's definitely growing out of the name Scrappy but even when she's fully grown, she'll always be Scrappy to me. Lol

I just can't wait to see the end result! Have a lovely weekend everyone, I can smell autumn in the air.

cblover

Visit site
Just thought you'd all like to see some pics of Scrappy's mam and dad. I've been talking to the guy who bred her mam this weekend and he sent me some pics.....

Her mam is the top pic and she's called Camalter Ruby. Shes 17.2hh. She's in training here as one of 20 horses that pulled the anchor from Titanic in a re-enactment in 2010. The anchor was 16 tonne.
Her dad is the second pic and he's called Thorpe Hill Challenger. He's apparently 18hh. When we got scrappy you'd never for one minute think she had parents that big....poor thing. But now I can see her heading that way!!! Lol
And some of (not so) Scrappy today......

SEL

Visit site
Wow - Dad is absolutely stunning! I think you're going to have a pretty special girl there. You sound chuffed to bits and I think its great you've got her so well.

cblover

Visit site
She's a kind gentle soul but has issues due to her previous treatment. The breeders haven't done me or her any favours. She can be a bit nippy if she feels threatened but thankfully is getting better with being groomed and handled. It's a long road ahead I think but I'm sure she'll be worth it.